Daz Swann

Reaction score
* This tactic is a major tweak of ULTIMATE V6 so credit to TFF9 *

Won the EPL in the first season with Bournemouth with the original squad plus one addition in the transfer market.

RESULTS/SAVED

View attachment 157363 View attachment 157122

TRANSFERS

View attachment 157364

GAMES

View attachment 157358 View attachment 157359

Origin
The tactic is a tweaked version of the ULTIMATE V6 by TFF9. I changed the formation to a 4-1-4-1 as I wanted to improve the tactic defensively for lower ranked teams but try maintain as much of the goal scoring as possible. I also changed the WB's to FB's and dabbled with (A) and (Auto) mentality for them. The team shape was changed to Structured so that it was harder to break us down defensively. One thing that could be tested could be changing the CM to (S) instead of (Auto).

The Testing Environment
I am a huge believer in testing tactics in the default/current database to get real life results. In this test there was a few things I did and didn't do throughout the season.

What I did do:
  1. Played every league game on key highlights.
  2. Let AM pick the team and then adjusted the picked side if I thought he made any mistakes.
  3. Made all substitutions.
  4. Took all team talks.
  5. Set Team training.
  6. OI (As pictured below)
What I didn't do:
  1. Change mentality to win a game or preserve a lead.
  2. Never used shouts.
  3. Did not have individual chats to improve player morale at half time or pre-game.
  4. No editor or FMRTE use at all.
  5. Did not set individual training/Was left to AM.
  6. Cup games instant resulted.
The tactic had the potential to perform even better by taking control of the things mentioned above.

Two tactics
There are two versions of this tactic, a HOME version and an AWAY version. I created the AWAY version after the Crystal Palace loss. The team was getting beat at the back a lot in that game so I tried a couple of tweaks with the FB's and Def line which seemed to solve the problem.
I recommend using the HOME version against teams that you feel you can beat with ease and the AWAY version against all teams away as well as all similar strength or better teams at home. For better results, consider changing between the two tactics throughout the game depending on the situation at hand. If you need to score a goal switch to HOME if you are getting beaten at the back then try switching to AWAY.

Pre-Season Training
View attachment 157366

Season Training
I recommend you use Def Positioning throughout the season however if you are a stronger team in your league then you should consider using Att Movement against weaker opposition for better results.
View attachment 157365

OI's
View attachment 157357

CORNER TAKERS/THROW IN TAKERS = LB for Left Side/RB for Right side.

Players
GK
- The best gk you can get (good one on ones & handling)
The better the GK then the better chance you have of keeping clean sheets.

FB - Good Pace, Crossing, Tackling, Positioning & Marking (LB = Left Footed, RB = Right Footed)
These guys provide the width and provide crosses to the striker at the byline.

CB - Strength, Positioning, Tackling, Marking, Heading, Balance (The quicker the better) (LCB = Left Footed/RCB = Right footed)
The better your CB then the less opportunities the opposition get on goal. Good height will increase chances to score with corner routine as well as help to stop conceding through the air via open play or corners.

DM - Strength, Positioning, Tackling, Marking, Heading, Balance (Decent passing, vision and long shots a huge plus)
CM - All round player, good offensively and defensively works best (Vision & Passing is a must) (LCM = Right Footed/RCM = Left Footed)
The better your midfielders are then the more interceptions they will get and the better chances they will provide with through balls to the striker.

WM - Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Passing, Vision (LM = Right Footed/RM = Left Footed, but if they can use both feet even better)
These guys get into the wide area of the box. They provide a secondary goal scoring threat as well as providing key passes to the striker standing on the penalty spot. The better they are the more opportunities your side will get. They will get opportunities to score goals so the better composure and finishing they possess then the more opportunities they will convert.

ST - Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Finishing, Composure, Off the ball & Anticipation (This is where the majority of your goals come from)
This guy finishes most moves. The better pace, movement and finishing skills he has then the more opportunities he will finish. Callum Wilson scored 32 Goals in 38 Games for me. It's critical to scoring goals from open play in this tactic. He will get the opportunity to thread the short through ball to the on running WM's so if he has decent vision and passing you create more chances.

THE CONCLUSION
I tried this tactic with three different teams and it worked with all three (West Ham, Leicester & Bournemouth). I have not tried this with LLM but I am sure with the right players it could work. It has the potential to perform a lot better if managed in more depth and with a stronger squad. Morale is huge so try to always keep your players happy by taking your own team talks. I hope this works for others as well as it has worked for me and let me know your results.

Last edited:
Just a quick point, the difference between automatic and support on Control mentality is zero. Automatic simply sets the player on automatic to either defend, support or attack (defend for contain, defensive. Support for counter, standard and control. Attack for attacking and overload). If you're not changing the mentality during a match, there is no point using automatic :)

Just a quick point, the difference between automatic and support on Control mentality is zero. Automatic simply sets the player on automatic to either defend, support or attack (defend for contain, defensive. Support for counter, standard and control. Attack for attacking and overload). If you're not changing the mentality during a match, there is no point using automatic :)

That may be true but setting it to automatic lets you give them instructions you would normally cannot if a duty was set :)

And the mentality change wont block your instructions that way!

Looks good might give it a go with my NYCFC save.

Those are exceptional results. Well done, look forward to giving it a spin. Great write up as well.

That may be true but setting it to automatic lets you give them instructions you would normally cannot if a duty was set :)

And the mentality change wont block your instructions that way!

Incorrect, it doesn't work that way unfortunately. It'll set it to defend, support or attack in the engine and set the correct instructions.

Incorrect, it doesn't work that way unfortunately. It'll set it to defend, support or attack in the engine and set the correct instructions.

I am aware of the duty change but if you click on the player instructions wont turn gray. normally i would assume that was te objectiv of the auto role :S

Hi and thanks for your reply. Do you have any references to this?

Are you saying on Control mentality that Auto would perform as Support?

Thanks

Hi and thanks for your reply. Do you have any references to this?

Are you saying on Control mentality that Auto would perform as Support?

Thanks

Yes , that is the objective of the automatic role. Player changing duty automatically as you set to attack control or defend ;)

seems that i was wrong on the instructions setting hehe my bad :)

Holy **** the corner routine is amazing, as is the defence on the away tactic. 5 games, 5 wins with a rank **** side. Well done, looks legit.

Yes , that is the objective of the automatic role. Player changing duty automatically as you set to attack control or defend ;)

seems that i was wrong on the instructions setting hehe my bad :)

I understand that Auto is tied to the tactic mentality that is used in the tactic but I was not aware it made it perform as a certain role mentality such as support or attack with the default PI for those player mentalities. I thought it only controlled the pitch positioning of the player offensively and defensively. Being able to choose open PI's for the Automatic mentality and makes me a little sceptical.

Routine recreated straight from Classic Gold. Credit to the original creator.

I understand that Auto is tied to the tactic mentality that is used in the tactic but I was not aware it made it perform as a certain role mentality such as support or attack with the default PI for those player mentalities. I thought it only controlled the pitch positioning of the player offensively and defensively. Being able to choose open PI's for the Automatic mentality and makes me a little sceptical.

That was exactly my tought but Crane already put some light on that subject and unfortunately the team mentality will block conflicting player instructions ;)

Trying it out bro, I have a pretty **** prem team with hartlepool, ill psot results!