2011 UEFA European Under-21 Tournament

Shakiri is such a short,stocky little gem of a player. Wonderful.

The next game is important, as Switzerland play Iceland, who need to win. It could settle the group, or throw it wide open again. Iceland have the quality and experience to beat Switzerland, but they have to play a lot better. Switzerland are a strong team though, and could go far. I thought Emeghara, Shaqiri abd Sommer were excellent today

I suspect a lot of rumours in CaughtOffside and DailyFail linking Shaqiri to all the major clubs. I do think Shaqiri will attract a lot of interest in this transfer window, was great today and against England.

Has no one mentioned Switzerland's amazing young striker / attacking midfielder Mario Gavranović?

And anyone know why he didn't play the first match?

Has no one mentioned Switzerland's amazing young striker / attacking midfielder Mario Gavranović?

And anyone know why he didn't play the first match?

I have to admit I don't even know who he is, lol.

I was almost 100% sure that the Danish goal disallowed in the 90th+ minute was onside. Anybody got a second opinion on the incident?

I was almost 100% sure that the Danish goal disallowed in the 90th+ minute was onside. Anybody got a second opinion on the incident?

In the super slow mo replay it looked really close, could've been called either way. Just unlucky for Denmark it didn't go their way.

Looking forward to England - Spain tomorrow.

This is what I want the line up to be:

4-3-3

Fielding
Walker - Jones - Smalling - Bertrand
Muamba
Rodwell - Henderson
Albrighton - Sturridge - Welbeck​

I thought Guardian is one of the trusted site, but never thought they are same as any other paper out there..

Headline:
Barça player pokes fun at England Under-21 team of unknowns

From @Thi_Alcantara91:
Una vez mas se malinterpretan palabras!En ningun momento menosprecie al combinado ingles. Incluso mencione q tienen una seleccion increible

it says "My words were misinterpreted. I said that England had an incredible team." amongst others

In the super slow mo replay it looked really close, could've been called either way. Just unlucky for Denmark it didn't go their way.

Looking forward to England - Spain tomorrow.

This is what I want the line up to be:

4-3-3

Fielding
Walker - Jones - Smalling - Bertrand
Muamba
Rodwell - Henderson
Albrighton - Sturridge - Welbeck​

Spain v England is today? I can't see Albrighton playing, I think it might be Sinclair. He was in great form towards the end of the season and I think we need his electric pace to break against spain

Supporting Belarus/England in this, nice to see Belarus actually doing well, we have a good chance of progressing into the next round and the senior team could qualify for the world cup!

For England, I see no reason why we can't win, Spain are our hardest competitors but on top form, we could beat them and I feel this team is really good.

Ideally it would be Belarus V England final. Now that would be super *** sauce.

I'm fairly sure he was offside I have no clue in **** though how the offside rule works anymore, they have overcomplicated it.

I don't know why some of the betting sites predicts Bojan to be topscorer, I just can't see that happening to be honest. He has only scored 4 goals in 18 matches for the team before and he's been frozen out at Barca.

Last edited:
Cant wait for the game v Spain later.

Surprised we are playing them in the groups, would make a good final I suspect.

Oddly looking forward to Englands match, lack of football is horrible. Plus now we have a player out there!

Oddly looking forward to Englands match, lack of football is horrible. Plus now we have a player out there!

Know the feeling. I just cannot function at all. Miss Soccer Saturday most of all. Roll on August

Shaqiri and Sommer are **** hot.

Belarus worked really hard and deserved there win.
Iceland will struggle to recover now especially with gunnarsson suspended but I wouldnt count them out yet. This is the best bunch of players Iceland have ever produced.
The Swiss look really comfortable on the ball and I hope they play Spain in the semi's would be a very good game to watch imo.
Denmark look alright but I think Erikson is over rated there danger man is Bille imo.

Todays games will be even better.

Im predicting:
Group A: Swiss & Denmark to finish 1 & 2 respectively.
Group B: Spain & Czech to finish 1 & 2 respectively.

Swiss to beat the Czech
Spain to beat Denmark

Spain to beat Swiss in the final.

Last edited:
Shaqiri and Sommer are **** hot.

Belarus worked really hard and deserved there win.
Iceland will struggle to recover now especially with gunnarsson suspended but I wouldnt count them out yet. This is the best bunch of players Iceland have ever produced.
The Swiss look really comfortable on the ball and I hope they play Spain in the semi's would be a very good game to watch imo.
Denmark look alright but I think Erikson is over rated there danger man is Bille imo.

Todays games will be even better.

Im predicting:
Group A: Swiss & Denmark to finish 1 & 2 respectively.
Group B: Spain & Czech to finish 1 & 2 respectively.

Swiss to beat the Czech
Spain to beat Denmark

Spain to beat Czech's in the final.

Spain to beat Switzerland in the final then surely? I agree with most of the post, but Eriksson is not overrated. He didn't have a lot of service and was involved in most of Denmark's best play. Also, I fancy England to qualify from the group. Pearce has really improved our tournament performances since he took the reigns, and I'm hoping we can continue that trend.

Spain to beat Switzerland in the final then surely? I agree with most of the post, but Eriksson is not overrated. He didn't have a lot of service and was involved in most of Denmark's best play. Also, I fancy England to qualify from the group. Pearce has really improved our tournament performances since he took the reigns, and I'm hoping we can continue that trend.
Thats what I said :p

I duno wheather to watch the master (Celtic vs Rangers next) or the start of the Czech-Ukraine

Judging by how poor the start of the games be I think ill go for the masters.

Thats what I said :p

I duno wheather to watch the master (Celtic vs Rangers next) or the start of the Czech-Ukraine

Judging by how poor the start of the games be I think ill go for the masters.

Did you see the epic goal some celtic guy scored v st mirren !!!