2012-13 (and beyond...) according to SI- A "Hands-Off" Story

sjg11

Reaction score
Basically, I decided to start a save where I do as little as possible (I'll be manager of Guadeloupe or some other small island so I affect almost nothing, this is easier than starting off unemployed since you get so many notifications if you start unemployed.) and report to see what the computer naturally does with as little interference as possible.

I'll load up 10 leagues, definitely the Premiership, the Championship, La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 which leaves 4 leagues left which I'll listen to your opinions on and see what people want most.

The other question is whether you want weekly, monthly or yearly updates on the game or whether I should look out for interesting results and post a brief overview each month.

Of course I probably won't bother with this if people aren't particularly interested in it.

Go for it, always good to see stories like this. Perhaps load Brazilian, portuguese, Argentinian and Scottish top divisions.

The other leagues are going to be:
Russia
Ukraine
Portugal
Scotland
Holland too

I'm still not sure whether I'll do monthly or weekly updates but I'll decide that when I start this (probably some time this afternoon).

Last edited:
Sjg11's Football Blog- 2nd July 2012:
The start of a new season is upon us. This blog will be focused on events throughout 10 major European nations (11 leagues), the Champions League, Europa League, World Cup and the European Championships from the perspective of sjg11, the new manager of the Curacao national team.

The first major update will be a derby in the Ukrainian Super Cup on the 11th July between league champions Shakhtar and cup winners Metalurg Donetsk, a game which Shakhtar will be expecting to win comfortably.

I'll also be keeping you updated ahead of any transfer news involving clubs from the 10 nations.

See you later

sjg11

Sjg11's Football Blog- 6th July 2012

Europa League 1st Qualifying Round

FC Twente kicked off their campaign with a European game against iBV of Iceland. Dmitry Bulykin gave the highly fancied Dutch side the lead but iBV held their own until Ian Jeffs was sent off shortly before half-time. Then the floodgates opened as goals from Roberto Rosales, Wout Brama and another from Bulykin gave Twente a 4-0 lead. Sveinlaugur Palmason pulled one back for the Icelandic team but Bulykin grabbed another goal to almost guarantee Twente's progression to the next round. However Twente will be concerned at their performance before Jeffs was sent off.

Transfer News
Benfica have made the biggest move of the transfer market so far, signing William Vainqueur for £4.2 Million from Belgian side Standard Liege. Dean Moxey transferred from Crystal Palace to Nottingham Forest for £500,000 while Catania sold Adrian Ricchiuti to Lanus for £190,000. As you can see, nothing major has happened yet although I hope things will pick up a bit as the season progresses.

Is that too much detail, not enough detail or the right amount of detail for you guys?

Sjg11's Football Blog- 14th July 2012
Ukrainian Super Cup
Shakhtar 3-1 Metalurg
Shakhtar Donetsk won the Ukrainian Super Cup ahead of the start of the new Ukrainian season today by beating Metalurg Donetsk 3-1. Junior Moraes gave Metalurg the lead after 25 minutes. Shakhtar finally got an equaliser through Marko Devic after an hour. Luiz Adriano gave Shakhtar the lead after 85 minutes before Alan Patrick sealed it in injury time.

Europa League 1st Qualifying Round
iBV 0-3 FC Twente (1-8 on aggregate)
FC Twente sealed their progression into the second qualifying round of the Europa League following a thrashing of Icelandic side iBV. Dmitry Bulykin gave them the lead inside a minute before Dusan Tadic scored a fluke goal, he meant to cross it into the box but it looped over the iBV keeper and in to double the lead. Bulykin scored his fifth goal of the tie with 10 minutes remaining to ensure Twente's comfortable progression into the Second Qualifying Round.

Transfers
Here are all the transfers that went through this week:

By the way, if you think I'm going into too much detail here then just say and I'll make less, briefer updates.

Think you should do more pictures, mate, Twente couldn't have been the only team in Europa Qualifying.
What's odd is Fellaini rarely goes to Tottenham, lol.

Good start , KIU!

Sjg's Football Blog- 21st July 2012
Ukrainian Premier League
Dnipro 2-3 Metalist
Eugene Seleznyov gave Dnipro the lead in this tricky opening fixture after two minutes after the Metalist keeper literally dropped the ball at his feet (keepers do make a lot of mistakes on FM I've noticed). Cleiton Xavier then equalised for Metalist after 20 minutes before Giuliano scored after being put in behind the Metalist defence and Dnipro regained the lead after 25 minutes. Papa Gueye then headed home a Xavier free kick to equalise for Metalist after 35 minutes. There were no further goals until the 85th minute when Edmar won it for Metalist.

Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Goverla
Dynamo Kyiv cruised to victory here. Miguel Veloso put them in front before further goals from debutant Niko Kranjcar and Diego Suarez won it for Dynamo Kyiv.

Karpaty 3-1 Volyn
In a game which was littered with errors Karpaty emerged victorious over Volyn. Karpaty defender Mykola Zhovtyuk headed into his own net to give Volyn the lead before Vladyslav Lupashko equalised from a corner. Igor Oschypko then scored two penalties to give Karpaty the points.

Kryvbas 2-1 Arsenal Kiev
Sergiy Valyaev gave Arsenal Kyiv the lead after a mistake by the Kryvbas keeper. Olexiy Antonov put Kryvbas level before Bogdan Shershun won it for Kryvbas from the penalty spot.

Metalurg Donetsk 0-1 Chornomorets
A goal from Sito Riera completed a miserable week for Metalurg Donetsk, giving Chornomorets three points.

Metalurg Zaporizhya 2-4 Vorskla
This was probably the game of the day. Ahmet Januzi scored the only goal before half time to give Vorskla an early lead. Marcos Urena doubled the lead just after half time. Andrey Varankov then pulled one back for Metalurg, before Artem Gromov re-established Vorskla's two goal lead. Artur Kas'kov pulled another goal back but Valeriy Kutsenko sealed the win for Vorskla in injury time.

Tavria 1-1 Illichivets
Tornike Okriashvili gave Illichivets the lead before Maxym Feschuk scored a late equaliser to give Tavria a point.

Zorya 1-3 Shakhtar
Douglas Costa gave Shakhtar the lead before Olexandr Kucher doubled it with a penalty. Costa made it 3 for Shakhtar before Olexandr Grytsay scored a consolation for Zorya.

The table will be at the bottom of the post.

Player of the Week: Douglas Costa

Russian Super Cup
Zenit 2-0 Rubin
Goals from Victor Faizulin and Axel Witsel before half time won Zenit the Russian Super Cup.

Europa League Second Qualifying Round
FC Inter 0-1 Vitesse
This game was settled by a single goal from Wilfried Bony after an hour.

Metalurg Skopje
0-4 Anji
Jucilei gave Anji the lead. Samuel Eto'o doubled it, Yury Zhirkov made it three before Lassana Diarra sealed it for the big spending Russians.

Shirak 0-5 Metalurg Donetsk
Metalurg got their first win of the season here. Gevorg Ghazaryan gave them the lead, Junior Moraes doubled it before Djordje Lazic increased it. Further goals from Ghazaryan and Moraes gave Metalurg a comfortable victory.

St. Jonhstone
1-0 Gomel
Yoann Folly scored the only goal of the game after 10 minutes to give St. Johnstone the win. They're going to need to put in a solid performance away from home to get through.

Suduva 0-4 FC Twente
Twente continued their strong early season form with an excellent performance here. Leroy Fer gave them the lead before a hat-trick from Dmitry Bulykin sealed it for Twente.

By the way, forgot to mention earlier that we've already had a change of Manager. Christian Streich left Freiburg to manage the German Under 21s team and was replaced by Volker Finke. Never seen a manager leave in pre-season before either.

And here's the Ukrainian league table:

Last edited:
Think you should do more pictures, mate, Twente couldn't have been the only team in Europa Qualifying.
What's odd is Fellaini rarely goes to Tottenham, lol.

Good start , KIU!
Yeah he usually ends up at City or Chelsea in my experience, and is it just me or does Kaka always go to City in the first transfer window.

As for the Europa Qualifying, I felt Twente were the only one of the teams in the leagues I'm following so that's why I put them but if people want I'll put some shots up of the early qualifying rounds.

Last edited:
Sjg11's Football Blog- 28th July 2012
Ukrainian Premier League
Arsenal Kyiv 2-2 Karpaty
Levan Kenia put Karpaty in front before Ionut Mazilu fired Arsenal Kyiv level. Lucas put Karpaty back in front before Volodymyr Gomenyuk equalised for Arsenal Kyiv.

Chornomorets 1-0 Tavria
This game was settled by a single goal from Sito Riera. Tavria also had Olexandr Romanchuk sent off as Chornomorets make it two 1-0 wins in a row.

Goverla 1-1 Metalurg Donetsk
Matelurg continued their indifferent start to the season by failing to beat Goverla. Damien Le Tallec put Goverla in front inside of a minute before Junior Moraes equalised from Metalurg Donetsk.

Illichivets 0-2 Dnipro
Dnipro bounced back from their defeat against Metalist with a victory over Illichivets. Roman Zozulya gave them the lead before Olexandr Aliev doubled it. Dnipro also had Ruslan Rotan sent off.

Metalist 3-2 Metalurg Zaporizhya
Metalist got their second win of the season with another hard fought win here. Willian gave them an early lead before Sergiy Voronin equalised for Metalurg. Besart Ibraimi then put Metalurg in front before two goals before half time from Edmar and Willian gave Metalist the points.

Shakhtar 3-1 Kryvbas
Shakhtar picked up their second win of the league season after a comfortable victory over Kryvbas. Goals from Fernandinho, Alex Teixeira and Luiz Adriano gave Shakhtar a 3-0 lead before Olexiy Antonov pulled one back for Kryvbas.

Volyn 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv
Two goals from Ahmet Mehmedi gave Dynamo Kyiv a two goal advantage. Eric Bicfalvi pulled one back for Volyn but Dynamo picked up their second win of the season.

Vorskla 5-0 Zorya
Vorskla stormed to the top of the table after an emphatic victory over Zorya. Panagiotis Lagos gave them the lead, which Volodymyr Chesnakov doubled in first half injury time. Ahmet Januzi then made it 3-0 and Artem Gromov made it 4-0. Januzi scored a fifth to round off a comprehensive victory.

Player of the Week: Ahmet Januzi (Vorskla)

The table will be at the end of the post.

Russian Premier League
Anji 2-2 CSKA Moscow
These two title contenders shared the points on the opening day of the season. Lassana Diarra gave Anji the lead from an indirect free kick. Vagner Love equalised but then Mehdi Carcela put Anji 2-1 up. Vagner Love popped up to equalise again though and the points were shared.

Krylja Sovetov 0-0 Amkar
The points were shared between these two times in a tepid opening day encounter.

Kuban
0-0 Dinamo Moscow
Kuban held Dinamo Moscow to a draw on the opening day of the season, successfully neutralising the threat posed by Dinamo forward Kevin Kuranyi.

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-2 Terek
Terek sprung an early season surprise in this encounter. Ailton gave them the lead before Taras Burlak headed Lokomotiv level from an indirect free kick. However, Ailton popped up again to ****** the points for Terek.

Mordovia 0-1 Rostov
Rostov weren't distracted by rumours of a possible takeover of the club as a goal from Khoren Bairamyan gave them the points in this game.

Rubin 4-1 Volga NN
Rubin started the season impressively with a victory over Volga. Goals from Salomon Rondon, Ivan Marcano and Vladimir Dyadyun gave them a 3-0 lead. The goal which Volga scored was actually an own goal from Rubin goalkeeper Sergiy Ryzhikov, which highlighted that they were outclassed by a rampant Rubin. Dyadyun added a fourth for Rubin late on.

Spartak Moscow 2-2 Krasnodar
Spartak were held thanks to a stunning comeback from 2-0 down by Krasnodar. Goals from Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Romulo gave Spartak the advantage but Krasnodar would not give up and goals from Evgeny Shipitsin and Marcio Abreu gave them a share of the spoils.

Zenit 3-1 Alania
Zenit were fortunate to overcome a plucky Alania side in this encounter. Alexandr Kerzhakov gave Zenit the lead before a strong run from Royston Drenthe set up Giorgi Chanturia to draw Alania level. Criscito restored Zenit's lead from the penalty spot before an own goal from Welinton sealed the win for Zenit

League table and Team of the week will be at the end of the post.

Europa League Second Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
Anji 7-0 Metalurg Skopje (11-0)
Anji thrashed Metalurg Skopje in their qualifying tie. Goals from Fedor Smolov and Mbark Boussoufa gave Anji a two goal lead, two more goals from Smolov made it 4-0 as he completed his hat-trick, Boussoufa then made it 5-0 before an own goal from Skopje keeper Aladin Stojanoski made it 6-0. Boussoufa completed the rout by making it 7-0. Overall a very impressive result for Anji.

FC Twente 3-0 Suduva (7-0)
FC Twente stormed through to the second qualifying round. Dmitry Bulykin put them in front before Dusan Tadic doubled their lead. Bulykin sealed the win with his 10th goal of the season as Twente march through to the next round.

Gomel 0-0 St. Johnstone (0-1)
St. Johnstone unconvincingly progressed through to the third qualifying round because of a goalless draw against Gomel. If they're to progress any further, they'll have to improve on their performance in this round.

Metalurg Donetsk 7-0 Shirak (12-0)
Metalurg produced an impressive performance to progress to the next round. Goals from Gevorg Ghazaryan, Vitaliy Ivanko and Djordje Lazic gave them a 3-0 lead. Junior Moraes and Ghazaryan made it 5 before Vasyl Pryima and Konstantinos Makridis completed the rout. Metalurg now need to transfer this form to their league campaign.

Vitesse 3-2 FC Inter (4-2)
Vitesse almost came unstuck against FC Inter from Finland in this tie. Matias Makitalo put Inter in front on the night and leveled the tie on aggregate within 15 seconds of kick off. Theo Janssen then equalised within 3 minutes, which put Vitesse back ahead on aggregate. However, Mattias Sanevuori put Inter in front on away goals with 20 minutes left. Vitesse were on the verge of going out but Marco van Ginkel saved them with a goal in the 82nd minute before Wilfried Bony sealed the win.

I'll do a shot of every game in the round from the Third Qualifying Round onwards.

Screenies:

Sjg11's Football Blog- Saturday 4th August 2012 (if you're wondering this covers the games which happened the weekend before)

Dutch Super Cup
Ajax 2-2 PSV (3-4 PENS)
In a thrilling game between these Dutch giants in the Dutch Super Cup, Ajax took the lead through a goal from Kolbeinn Sigporsson. Ola Toivonen equalised for PSV before Viktor Fischer put Ajax back in front on his debut. Toivonen equalised again though and it went to penalties. Both sides scored their first two penalties but Kevin Strootman missed for PSV and Toby Alderweireld put Ajax ahead in the shoot out. However both Christian Poulsen and Luuk De Jong missed their spot kicks while Mark van Bommel and Ola Toivonen scored to win the Cup for PSV.

Russian Premier League
Alania 0-2 Lokomotiv Moscow
Lokomotiv bounced back well from their surprise defeat against Terek with a victory here because of goals from Alexandr Samedov and Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Amkar 1-1 Zenit
Amkar bounced back from behind to hold Zenit to a draw in this game. Alexandr Kerzhakov gave Zenit the lead in the first half but, with 20 minutes left, Martin Jakubko equalised for Amkar as they got their second draw of the season.

CSKA Moscow 2-1 Kuban
Vagner Love scored his third goal of the season to give CSKA the lead. Ibra equalised just after half time but Keisuke Honda won the match with a stunning free kick after an hour.

Dinamo Moscow 1-1 Spartak Moscow
Spartak yet another lead slip here after their game against Krasnodar. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov gave them the lead but the couldn't hold on as Kevin Kuranyi fired Dinamo level in this Moscow derby.

Krasnodar 1-4 Rubin
Krasnodar handed Rubin the three points on a plate in this encounter as Rubin gained their second big win of the season. Vladimir Dyadyun gave Rubin an early before two own goals from Krasnodar defender Dusan Andjelkovic gave Rubin a 3-0 lead. Vladimir Koman pulled one back for Krasnodar but Salomon Rondon sealed the points to put Rubin on top of the table.

Rostov 3-1 Krylja Sovetov
Rostov continued to put talks of a takeover behind them with another solid win against Krylja Sovetov. Alexandr Sheshukov gave them the lead but Luis Caballero scored to bring Sovetov level. A penalty from Florent Sinama-Pongolle (remember him?) and a goal from Razvan Cocis won the game for Rostov.

Terek 3-0 Anji
After their stunning win against Lokomotiv on Matchday 1, Terek pulled off another stunning upset as Anji suffered a European hangover due to two goals from Ezechiel Ndouassel and a third from Rizvan Utsiev.

Volga NN 0-0 Mordavia
After defeats on the opening day, both these sides will be pleased with a solid point in this match.

Player of the Month: Dmitry Belorukov (Amkar)

Ukrainian Premier League
Arsenal Kyiv 1-1 Volyn
Neither of these sides took the opportunity to gain three points from this encounter, extending their underwhelming starts to the season. Ramon put Volyn ahead in first half injury time before Janko Simovic equalised for Arsenal Kyiv.

Dnipro 2-3 Chornomorets
Dnipro suffered their second home defeat of the season as Chornomorets extended their perfect record. Goals from Elis Bakaj and Maxim Shatskikh gave Chornomorets a two goal lead. Eugene Seleznyov pulled one back for Dnipro but Eugene Zubeyko restored Chornomorets' advantage as a result of a swift counter attack. Nikola Kalinic reduced the deficit again but Dnipro couldn't score the equaliser.

Karpaty 0-1 Shakhtar
Douglas Costa scored the only goal of the game to maintain Shakhtar's perfect start to the season. My personal prediction is that they'll win the league this season. By the way, Rubin to win the Russian League would be my other tip at this point.

Kryvbas 0-1 Vorskla
Ahmet Januzi scored the goal which allowed Vorskla to remain on top of the table and maintain their perfect start to the season.

Metalurg Donetsk 3-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Remember I asked Matelurg to bring their European form to the domestic league? Well they did that today as they overwhelmed a poor Dynamo side. Gregory Nelson gave them the lead from a corner before Denys Garmash was sent off for Dynamo. Metalurg swiftly added two more goals, both scored by Junior Moraes, before Metalurg had Volodymyr Polyovyi sent off. Metalurg finally appeared to have started their season.

Metalurg Zaporizhya
0-2 Illichivets
Metalurg remain pointless after losing to Illichivets in this game through two goals from Ruslan Fomin.

Tavria 1-2 Goverla
Tavria remain winless after a defeat in this encounter. They took the lead in this game through Anton Shynder but Goverla turned the game with goals from Mirko Raicevic and a penalty from former Portsmouth player Svetoslav Todorov.

Zorya 3-2 Metalist
Zorya's losing streak and Metalist's winning streak came to an end here as Zorya staged a stunning comeback in this game. Goals from Edmar and Sergiy Pschenychnykh (hope he doesn't score too many more this season) gave Metalist a two goal advantage. With twenty minutes left, and coming off the back of that 5-0 defeat to Vorskla, everyone expected Zorya to fold but from somewhere they found the energy to stage a comeback through goals from Lucky Idahor, Nikola Injatijevic and a penalty from Olexandr Grytsay.

Player of the Week: Junior Moraes (Metalurg Donetsk)

I will do an update on the European football tomorrow morning.