torchy

Reaction score
hi guys can you advise please

ive not played for a while and i have just got the bug to start up again

i currently have fm2012,the reviews for fm2014 don,t fill me with confidence

could you honestly tell me if its worth the investment

cheers

Personally yes, its evidently up to date so its a lot more realistic than 2012. I honestly can't see anything wrong with the game at all, maybe i just haven't discovered all these problems other people are having but, i'm enjoying this years version a lot more than the past versions. But that's just me, i'd wait for other peoples opinions before making a decision of course :')

I would agree with the above on the most part, I have had problems with it, however seems ok now with the latest update

I would recommend FM 14 not because its up to date but it also has many new features that will benefit you & adds more detailed realism to the game. Yes it was bugs here & there like any other FM game but overall its worth it

I agree with the rest of them its worth it to play FM14, i tried going back to 13 and 12 but i find it impossible to now slight improvements just makes it a better game. Of course with SI's strive for realism in 14 there is a few tweaks/fixes i would personally like to see but its improving every patch for the most part. Maybe wait until after the winter transfer patch, that is usually when they fix most of the issues and it becomes a much better game.

Im enjoying fm14 though slightly more challenging imo.

Ill play devils advocate, I loved FM12 and I thought it was the best version of the game I've played. I've found FM14 to be a massive let down, frustrating beyond anything of the earlier games and very little satisfaction... Id stick with FM12.

I loved 12, hated 13 (as I only really got my head around it shortly before 14 came out) and love 14.

I'd say 14 is a better game because is better balanced, if not without a few minor issues, but I'd expect them to be fixed in the final patch (when they update the Jan transfers) however 12 is probably easier and would be the better choice for someone who doesn't have the time to relearn how the game works as the ME has had a major overhaul since 12. That said with the Match engine having had the major overhaul it will be improved on further with each game so learning how it works with 14 will set you in better stead for future games then sticking with 12 would (unless they make another drastic change to it but I don't think they've got that planned)

So overall if you're not gonig to have that much time to play/ don't want to have to relearn th Match Engine then stick to 12 but if you've got the time to learn how 14 works then you'll find it far more enjoyable and it will probably set you in good stead for future games aswell but if you haven't got the time to get your head round it then you're better off sticking to 12 which is still a great game.

thanks all for the replies

i think i will wait on the next patch before i buy fm2014

torchy:D