2013/14 Fußball-Bundesliga Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
I

iNickStuff

View attachment 376632

The same as the Liga BBVA thread created here, following the same format. Anything and everything related to the Bundesliga this forthcoming season can and shall be discussed on this thread.

Bayern München are the defending champions for a record 23rd time, amassing 91 points in the previous season - with a margin between themselves and Borussia Dortmund being 25 points - that thwarted any chances of Jürgen Klopp's side achieving a historic treble. However, die Roten enter the new season under a new coach, Pep Guardiola, following the retirement of Jupp Heynckes last season. His season-long sabbatical allows him to re-enter the world of football refreshed and able to take reigns of his third-ever head coach role.

Fortuna Düsseldorf and Greuther Fürth were unable to avoid relegation, returning straight back to the 2. Bundesliga after nine months in the top flight. Hertha Berlin and Eintracht Braunschweig secured their spots instead. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim avoided becoming the third side to go down, defeating 1. FC Kaiserslautern in the relegation playoffs.

Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen were the three teams to become automatically qualified teams for the 2013/14 edition of the UEFA Champions League, Schalke in the playoff round prior to the group stage draw. Freiburg secured a Europa League group stage berth, meanwhile Eintracht Frankfurt and VfB Stuttgart into the playoff round.​

You can find the official 2013/14 Bundesliga fixture list here.​

You can also follow news from the league on The Guardian here.

Clubs:

View attachment 376647 FC Augsburg
Ground: SGL arena (30,660)
Manager: Markus Weinzierl

View attachment 376648 Bayer Leverkusen
Ground: BayArena (30,210)
Manager: Sami Hyypiä

View attachment 376649 FC Bayern München
Ground: Allianz Arena (71,000)
Manager: Josep "Pep" Guardiola

View attachment 376650 Borussia Dortmund
Ground: Westfalenstadion (Signal Iduna Park for sponsorship reasons) (80,645)
Manager: Jürgen Klopp

View attachment 376651 Borussia Mönchengladbach
Ground: Borussia-Park (54,010)
Manager: Lucien Favre

View attachment 376652 Eintracht Braunschweig
Ground: Eintracht-Stadion (25,540)
Manager: Torsten Lieberknecht

View attachment 376653 Eintracht Frankfurt
Ground: Commerzbank-Arena (51,500)
Manager: Armin Veh

View attachment 376654 SC Freiburg
Ground: Driesamstadion (24,000)
Manager: Christian Streich

View attachment 376655 HSV
Ground: Volkparkstadion (57,000)
Manager: Thorsten Fink

View attachment 376656 Hannover 96
Ground: AWD-Arena (49,000)
Manager: Mirko Slomka

View attachment 376658 Hertha BSC
Ground: Olympiastadion (74,244)
Manager: Jos Luhukay

View attachment 376659 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
Ground: Rhein-Neckar Arena (30,150)
Manager: Markus Gisdol

View attachment 376661 1. FC Mainz
Ground: Coface Arena (34,000)
Manager: Thomas Tuchel

View attachment 376662 1. FC Nürnberg
Ground: Frankenstadion (50,000)
Manager: Michael Wiesinger

View attachment 376663 FC Schalke 04
Ground: Veltins-Arena (61,673)
Manager: Jens Keller

View attachment 376664 VfB Stuttgart
Ground: Mercedes-Benz Arena (60,441)
Manager: Bruno Labbadia

View attachment 376665 SV Werder Bremen
Ground: Weserstadion (42,100)
Manager: Robin Dutt

View attachment 376666 VfL Wolfsburg
Ground: Volkswagen Arena (30,000)
Manager: Dieter Hecking

Last edited:
I love how they have relegation-promotion play-offs, it's a great idea in my opinion.

It'll be very interesting to see how Pep does with Bayern, although arguably they are just as good as his Barça team was. He'll have added pressure this time, not just because of Heynckes' success last season but also because of his own success with Barça.

did any 1 see the dortmund game there new st played very well

Nah, just followed the score. Will see the goals in full on ITV 4, Bundesliga Football Highlights. Apparently he was exceptional as the number of goals he scored suggests.

I saw the highlights and I think Klopp will get the best out of him.

I'm going for Dortmund to win the title this year. Only having 1 holding midfielder will be Pep's downfall IMO. I saw their opening game on BT and when Schweinsteiger was pressed he gave the ball away and there were opportunities to counter. If teams assign 1 or 2 players to put him under pressure every time he gets the ball then Bayern will leak goals.

i have bt sport so i did see it hes very fast think i may have a football meltdown has i have all the sky sports bt sport 1 and 2 and espn so much football cant cope

I'm guessing you mean Aubameyang?

I saw the highlights and I think Klopp will get the best out of him.

I'm going for Dortmund to win the title this year. Only having 1 holding midfielder will be Pep's downfall IMO. I saw their opening game on BT and when Schweinsteiger was pressed he gave the ball away and there were opportunities to counter. If teams assign 1 or 2 players to put him under pressure every time he gets the ball then Bayern will leak goals.
What about Martínez and Gustavo (I know the latter is probably leaving)?

Last edited:
He only played with one holding midfielder in the first game and when he was pressed he lost the ball but he wasen't pressed enough. All the journalists and commentators are saying they will play with one holding midfielder and Martinez will play in center back

He only played with one holding midfielder in the first game and when he was pressed he lost the ball but he wasen't pressed enough. All the journalists and commentators are saying they will play with one holding midfielder and Martinez will play in center back
That's pretty much what he did at Barcelona, to be honest (played defensive midfielders in defence and played only Busquets in CDM), but surely he's got to understand than Bayern are a very different team with a very different system that they are used to! It would be a mistake to only have one holding midfielder.

That's pretty much what he did at Barcelona, to be honest (played defensive midfielders in defence and played only Busquets in CDM), but surely he's got to understand than Bayern are a very different team with a very different system that they are used to! It would be a mistake to only have one holding midfielder.

It will only be a mistake if Pep doesn't have success with it. Although he does have a lot to live up to, after last season. I still don't understand why he went to Bayern, seems such a cowardly decision and it could really have a bad impact on his management if he messes up there.

If I was him I would of gone for the Chelsea position, less to lose and more to gain imo.

It will only be a mistake if Pep doesn't have success with it. Although he does have a lot to live up to, after last season. I still don't understand why he went to Bayern, seems such a cowardly decision and it could really have a bad impact on his management if he messes up there.

If I was him I would of gone for the Chelsea position, less to lose and more to gain imo.
Chelsea could potentially be a good destination, with a big budget and a very good squad already. A few tweaks, and he could reap the rewards from the hard work by his predecessors. But what about Abramovich? I can't see him wanting to risk his reputation at a club with an owner who is known to be trigger-happy.

Chelsea could potentially be a good destination, with a big budget and a very good squad already. A few tweaks, and he could reap the rewards from the hard work by his predecessors. But what about Abramovich? I can't see him wanting to risk his reputation at a club with an owner who is known to be trigger-happy.

True, that may of been why Pep didn't choose there. But, still I question the choice of Bayern, hopefully for him it will work out well.