2014/2015 Eredivisie Thread

Operative Y

Reaction score
With the arrival of Sky Sports 5 on the 12th August, and coverage of the Den Haag v Feyenoord and Ajax v Vitesse games on Sky Sports 4 on Sunday it seems Dutch football is going to get a lot more coverage in the UK this season. With that in mind, I thought this thread would be a good idea. Now, I don't know that much about the Dutch league, but I do know there's some quality players plying their trade there, so I'm going to be paying more attention.

Obviously the season hasn't started yet, but I've opened the thread now in case you want to discuss which teams you think are going to prosper and which players you tip to shine.

Good idea this thread mate! Just upgraded my Sky package to the full shebang:p for the new footy season :)

So much Football :) poor wife :)
Think mine may leave me this season ;) especially after the world cup. Been on nights for a while but looks like I am off back on normal shifts in week or so so I can watch it all. Looking forward to seeing the Eredivisie closely this year especially Ajax always had a soft spot for them my first European Cup memory is kluivert toepoking the ball in to win. Really looking forward to seeing how Ajax fill the holes after losing a couple especially Siem De Jong and I really rate Aron Johannsen (spelling) for AZ and a few others too.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Viktor Fischer, Ricardo Kishna and Richairo Zivkovic for Ajax and I agree that Johannsson will probably be one to watch too.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Viktor Fischer, Ricardo Kishna and Richairo Zivkovic for Ajax and I agree that Johannson will probably be one to watch too.
Yeah Johansson had a real breakthrough year last season was hoping he would get more time on the pitch at the world cup but I think he may have been Injured theres a young african at Heerenveen who is wprth keeping an eye on too but his name escapes me right now. IMO its a very underated league and i am glad sky are showing games as streams can be tempermental well they were for me last season could be my internet though

Yeah Johansson had a real breakthrough year last season was hoping he would get more time on the pitch at the world cup but I think he may have been Injured theres a young african at Heerenveen who is wprth keeping an eye on too but his name escapes me right now. IMO its a very underated league and i am glad sky are showing games as streams can be tempermental well they were for me last season could be my internet though

Did some Googling. Do you mean Janio Bikel?

Seems like Ajax is in talks with Eto'o...
I couldn't believe it myself but apparently Overmars confirmed that they're interested and there's been talks.

I hope Ajax don't sign Eto'o, because it will limit game time for Kolbeinn and Zivkovic.

Edit: They've also got Arkadiusz Milik on loan from Leverkusen for cover, so they don't really need Eto'o.

Last edited:
They want to sell Sigthorson. Eto'o would then be his replacement and he'll tutor zivkovic and milik

The weather here has just knocked out my Sky signal. It better be back for kick-off.

Not a fan of these synthetic pitches tbh, can see a lot of players turning ankles and jarring joints as they don't have as much give in as standard pitches.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the oldest player in the Ajax squad is Niklas Moisander (28) i believe.

Incredible that their squad is so young