2020/21: Reviving a destroyed Barcelona team.

Reaction score
I am in the 2020/2021 season and have joined a Barcelona team in November which has had 10 new managers (excluding me) in the 7 seasons I've played. The team I have inherited is awful. Not only is it ageing and injury ridden (9 serious injuries) it is also a team in which Messi, Alves, Mascherano, Iniesta and Pique have all been sold or have retired. I am stuck with a bunch of average players who have been bought by previous managers for very small values yet I am left with a £10million transfer budget and the expectation of challenging for the league and reaching the final of the champions league.

When I took over we were sat in 14th position 23 points away from Madrid in 1st. I have played 6 games so far winning 5, strangely all 4-0, and drawing 1. The 15 points out of 18 have seen me climb up to 7th in the league yet still 18 points off an unstoppable Madrid team who has lost 1 and drawn 1 out of 18 games.

Neymar being my only star player, who due to lack of squad depth had to play as a striker, got injured in my second game for 3-4 months, Munir who was my only other option up top got injured in training for 2 months so I am left playing without a striker and using my Attacking Midfielder, Carlos Vaquero as a Trequartista.

This sort of challenge is one I relish and I can't wait for it to properly begin. Tactics wise I am fine,I have spent many years playing the game as well as reading tactical books and blogs to get my tactics just right. I also get to see how they are used in real life as I Manage a local football team and use my FM tactics to decent success!

I apologise for this short story I seemed to have produced hahah but the reason for this thread is for me to share the journey with you but also to see if anybody has experienced anything similar by joining a world class team which has been destroyed.

I haven't posted screenshots as I am typing this on my phone but if anybody does read this and finds it interesting then I will happily share and keep the thread updated for you all to see!

If you have a save of this, I would be soo grateful. Anyway, will follow. I would recommend starting a story under the appropriate forum section! :)

I'd be curious to know what happened each season and under which manager etc. Did they sell a big chunk of their players in one go, or did they slowly end up in the position you found them in?

I am in the 2020/2021 season and have joined a Barcelona team in November which has had 10 new managers (excluding me) in the 7 seasons I've played. The team I have inherited is awful. Not only is it ageing and injury ridden (9 serious injuries) it is also a team in which Messi, Alves, Mascherano, Iniesta and Pique have all been sold or have retired. I am stuck with a bunch of average players who have been bought by previous managers for very small values yet I am left with a £10million transfer budget and the expectation of challenging for the league and reaching the final of the champions league.

When I took over we were sat in 14th position 23 points away from Madrid in 1st. I have played 6 games so far winning 5, strangely all 4-0, and drawing 1. The 15 points out of 18 have seen me climb up to 7th in the league yet still 18 points off an unstoppable Madrid team who has lost 1 and drawn 1 out of 18 games.

Neymar being my only star player, who due to lack of squad depth had to play as a striker, got injured in my second game for 3-4 months, Munir who was my only other option up top got injured in training for 2 months so I am left playing without a striker and using my Attacking Midfielder, Carlos Vaquero as a Trequartista.

This sort of challenge is one I relish and I can't wait for it to properly begin. Tactics wise I am fine,I have spent many years playing the game as well as reading tactical books and blogs to get my tactics just right. I also get to see how they are used in real life as I Manage a local football team and use my FM tactics to decent success!

I apologise for this short story I seemed to have produced hahah but the reason for this thread is for me to share the journey with you but also to see if anybody has experienced anything similar by joining a world class team which has been destroyed.

I haven't posted screenshots as I am typing this on my phone but if anybody does read this and finds it interesting then I will happily share and keep the thread updated for you all to see!
Ya it sounds like a good challenge

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is an actual save of mine, I was going to exaggerate it and make it into a story but I think the save itself will be good enough! Everything I have said so far is what is actually happening in my save except from Barca have only had 5 managers since the start of the game not 10. I intend this to be more of a discussion so you guys can give me your opinions and ideas as well as me sharing the journey.

All the screenshots will follow shortly once I get to grip with how to do it on here! I've spent a lot of time using this site as a guest but never actually posted my own thread so bare with me guys haha

Same thing happened in my save with Madrid. They had their finances broken, A 36 year old Ronaldo and 30+ Bale, Kroos, Illaramendi all on 300k+ wages and hadn't won anything for years. Sold them all revamped the squad with the next Galacticos and tried to start again...

Is there any chance you upload the save on some website like mediafire for example?

I would of like to try that save too,never played that far with Barca in FN2015,any chance to upload the save ?
Cheers ;)