supasheva

Reaction score
So I haven't played football manager in 4 years so I am a bit rusty.

What I usually do is I start out in the lower trenches of football and rise up steadily to the top ranks.
Unfortunately because I do have a job in real life I feel like playing the game with all the lower divisions made available would just make the game laggy and fun so I opted for just England, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Holland and Italy. I considered making Italy 'view only' but the thought of going back to manage juventus in the future held me back.

View attachment 155356

[Sorry for the poor quality of the pic| I only learned how to take screenshots after the game started]

I wanted to go to Liga Adelante and try and take a club up to Liga BBVA. Mind you I always take the club that has the most financial resources so I don't really struggle to be honest with you. And if I get a better offer elsewhere I always take it.

You have to realize, my stats are horrible. And I barely have any qualifications so if I see a good deal. I take it.

Oh yeah by the way I am playing the game in Spanish soooo.... Yeahhhh... Makes the game 10* harder now.
Google Translate has become my best friends. Also went back to my Duolingo app.

My meeting with the press, the coaches,the owner/director (have no clue who he was) has been horrible.
I have no clue what they were asking me.
I just kept answering with the responses in the middle. I think at a point he asked me about my philosophy and I just shrugged. He kept persisting that I tell him about my philosophy and I think I said something to make him satisfied cause he stopped asking me questions.

This is crazy!! But I can't help that I am so crazy for Football Manager. Wish me luck!

View attachment 155355View attachment 155354

If you click the FM button in the top right you can go to preferences and change the language, also there's an add/remove league function which means you can change which leagues are added and removed each season so don't worry about wanting to manage Juventus at a later date. You could disable all leagues except the one your playing in and then later add more as needed.

Thanks man. I intentionally made the language Spanish.. LOL .. Hopefully I can pull a phil neville and adapt to the language in a month or two. Cheers

24 year old Ghanaian Manager Part 2

Guys.... this is crazy! i just did an ultimatum and got sacked because of the language barrier.

I started the game again this time in English and I have got to say I am so behind in things in Football Manager 2016.

In 2012 it was so easy to get tactical flow to be going on. I am trying to inject a pressing game whilst using possession based football. Only I think its going to take longer than I expected.

Also I disabled first window transfer budgets so I have to use the players I have.

At present my centre forwards are all small quick agile strikers. So playing the ball to ground is the right approach. Unfortunately creativity is lacking. I tried a 4-4-2 in our pre-season friendly against the reserves and lost 3-0.

I think the players don't respect my methods that much as well so I need to revise my approach.

In the following order these are my plans for Elche

Plans for the coming week

• New coach additions
  • Intensive training methods
  • Formation reshuffle
Alright lets roll!!

24 year old Ghanaian Manager Part 3- Loss after loss after loss

WHY !!!!

The season has finally kicked off and things are not good.

I managed to find some good coaches. I sacked my fitness coach and my assistant manager. It was clear I needed someone the lads would respect if they didn't respect my credentials
View attachment 154208

I also sent my rightback on loan to balance the wage budget. I am considering bringing him back in January along with some other signings.

Depending on if the board give me some money for spending.

I am finding it difficult to get the flow of the formation. I decided to allow the players to roam from position and immediately we got an equalizer. It turns out i was stifling the movement of the team by making them stick to position.

I think having been away from Football Manager for so long I am learning as the job goes on. Not always a good thing but ah well

View attachment 154205