I would sell. It seems he's a backup player for you & 25mil is good business considering his role in your squad.

Ledson's potential rating is shown there as 3.5 stars. If I were you, I would do a player search for at least two young players whose potential rating is 4.5 stars who you can realistically purchase (both of them) for less than a total of 25-million. Then, as long as you nurture them along properly - which is easier said than done while you're also trying to get results - you'll have improved the squad in the longer term.

James Ward-Prowse would be a HG player who you could possibly buy for cheaper who's likely better? Only issue is he's a little bit older than Ledson. I'd follow rocheyb's advice and get looking for some young regens.

Seems like you're getting a great deal there! His average rating isn't high enough to warrant keeping him! You could buy two new CM/DM's at a good age and use them in the same amount of games as you're giving Ledson and they'll probably put a better shift in than he is!

Plus - there will come a point, if you're successful with Everton (which I'm sure you will be), when you won't look twice at a 3.5 star potential player; 4 stars will be the bare minimum.