Journeyman14

Reaction score
Hi I noticed alot of times I lead at half time something like 4-0 and everyones playing on a rating 7.3++

Then In second half the score stays the same, what should I say to the players when this happens or what should I do to keep scoring goals?

Notice:Even their second half rating is better then first half, but they just won't score !

Happens to me a lot too. Not much you can do, best bet is to use "Don't let your performance drop" at half time, but that won't guarantee they'll score more. Just be glad they don't go from 4-0 to 4-4 ;)

if you are not conceding, then i would not see it as a problem.

It could be more what the opposition is doing than what your not doing. Like if they set mentality to defensive, or change roles to counter your attacking threat.

Hopefully as the team gels more, you will see better results in the second half but a 4-0 win is a decent result to take from any match, regardless of when the goals came in the match.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing, too. If you have a decent lead on half time, it's very likely that scoring is done.

What I'm doing is firstly sub the most tired player, or a star player I want to keep fresh, and then monitor the team motivation instead of team ratings. Since rating is taken as average, if they play good the first half, the ratings stay the same throughout the second half, if the player doesn't make a mistake, of course.

On the other hand, motivation shows the current player status, and you can see who has become complacent and sub him out.

Look at your team's personality. Often if they are ambitious or determined players, 'Don't let your performance drop' works well. Or even just repeating your first-half team-talk could work, i.e. 'For the Fans' in the second half to reiterate the win to be for the fans and not just to get higher in the league or into the next round of a cup.

if you play straight 4 4 2 and its not happening for you in second half it will be cos other team gone defensive so i go summin like 3 3 2 2 with 2 attacking midfielders

Happens to me a lot too. Not much you can do, best bet is to use "Don't let your performance drop" at half time, but that won't guarantee they'll score more. Just be glad they don't go from 4-0 to 4-4 ;)

That's happened to me before... **** went down!

Look at your team's personality. Often if they are ambitious or determined players, 'Don't let your performance drop' works well. Or even just repeating your first-half team-talk could work, i.e. 'For the Fans' in the second half to reiterate the win to be for the fans and not just to get higher in the league or into the next round of a cup.

But it's hardly effective for the whole team, you'd probably need to individually set the team talk for at least a few players.

Plus I've found that no player likes 'Don't let your performance drop' If he had a lower rating than the best few players. But the difference in rating always varies, at least in my experience.