ekul785

Reaction score
I won the Scottish Division 2 a few days ago with Arbroath and am about to start my 2nd season in Div 1.

I was just wondering if anyone had any standard advice for surviving after promotion when there's very little money and my team is no longer one of the best in the league.

Is there anything you always do after promotion that has helped you?

Cheers :)

Any tips at all? For example, I spent my 1st season playing attacking football. Would I be wise to come away from attacking football, and concentrate on counter-attacking as the other teams are likely to be better, or because my players are used to my attacking tactic should I attempt to stick with it?

I think you should try and make the tactic you are useing just slightly more secure at the back maybe just move someone deeper or give someone defend duty or whatever but not over do it and go counter. Your players are used to attacking and if its a good tactic, you should be able to finish above the relegation zone.

I think you should try and make the tactic you are useing just slightly more secure at the back maybe just move someone deeper or give someone defend duty or whatever but not over do it and go counter. Your players are used to attacking and if its a good tactic, you should be able to finish above the relegation zone.

Cheers for the help dude, I think i'll try that and have a defensive tactic ready just in case things aren't working out.