2nd season Feyenoord (need inspiration)

Tulaugu

Reaction score
Hello,

I am involved in an online game with some friends. We just finished the first season and I just missed out on the title and ended 2nd on GD. Same points as a friend who plays Ajax. This was partly caused because I couldn't keep Clasie in january. He really wanted to go and I couldn't refuse 30 mil.
After the season more players wanted to leave so I sold Kongolo, Gil Romero, Basacikoglu and Boetius for a combined value of 140 mil which I get 120 mil to spend on new transfers.
I am in trouble tho. I can only pay wages up to 35k a month and I can't pay high signing fees. Because of that I was forced to loan Ruben Neves again instead of buying him. It will be the last season I can use him I think, since FCP tied him up with a massive new contract for 5 years and a clause close to 70 mil.

I would love some new inspiration in who to purchase. All my favorite picks like Obiang, Kranevitter, Tariq, Peruzzi and Balanta are playing at Ajax....

My main team:
Vermeer
Wilkshere - Munoz - Knoche - Nelom
Mijailovic
Ruben Neves - Ajer
Odegaard - Savitskyi
Babacar

What I need:

RB
LB
Anchorman/HalfBack
Playmaker
2x dynamic playmakers (guys that can play on the wings, but do have some creativity aswell like Odegaard or Florenzi)
F9

They have to be consistant peformers.
The Anchorman/HalfBack needs to be especially solid. Good in defense and a great passer.

Hopefully you guys can help me out with some good suggestions.

Last edited:
Which Roberts do you mean? And Peruzzi is as said already at Ajax.... sadly enough.

Pattrick Roberts from Fulham,18 yo...
Try Jonny instead,Patric,Jung,Malanda...pretty decent options...

Pattrick Roberts from Fulham,18 yo...
Try Jonny instead,Patric,Jung,Malanda...pretty decent options...

F9, Sanabria from Roma, normale he his free the first season on loan. Coman (juventus, Need to be tranied) Dybala. Sergio Diaz (Cerro Porteño)
RB: Mayke, Wallace(loan chelsea) Patric (barcelona)
LB: Jonathan Silva (sporting) Maxwell (psg) Pinto (boca)
A/HB: Stark, Romero (velez) Fernandez (celta)
PM: Patrick roberts (fullham) Praet (anderlecht) Simon Gustafson (Hacken) Tielmanas (anderlecht) asensio (Madrid) Driussi (river)Jhon Arango
FC if you need something: Chancel Mbemba (anderlecht)

What kind of tactic are you playing. a ss would help :)

Last edited:
F9, Sanabria from Roma, normale he his free the first season on loan. Coman (juventus, Need to be tranied) Dybala. Sergio Diaz (Cerro Porteño)
RB: Mayke, Wallace(loan chelsea) Patric (barcelona)
LB: Jonathan Silva (sporting) Maxwell (psg) Pinto (boca)
A/HB: Stark, Romero (velez) Fernandez (celta)
PM: Patrick roberts (fullham) Praet (anderlecht) Simon Gustafson (Hacken) Tielmanas (anderlecht) asensio (Madrid) Driussi (river)Jhon Arango
FC if you need something: Chancel Mbemba (anderlecht)

What kind of tactic are you playing. a ss would help :)

Thank you for trying to help me out. I will take an in depth look at Driussi, the other players do not want to come.
I did increase my wage budget by cutting 5 mil from my transferbudget, which made me able to sign the following players:

- Sebastien Corchia
- Oriol Romeu
- Tiemoue Bakayoko

And probably also incoming: Jonathan Calleri, John Guidetti and Juan Fernando Quintero

This is the tactic I am playing which I still need upgrades for. I need goals, a great playmaker and a strong LB.

View attachment 292795

No problem ;)

well done to get Corchia, and Babayoko. Romeu never made it for me. Quintero is a monster to get ;) guidetti is a great player.

Very interesting tactic you are playing.

With all 6 signigs, what are you missing then?

No problem ;)

well done to get Corchia, and Babayoko. Romeu never made it for me. Quintero is a monster to get ;) guidetti is a great player.

Very interesting tactic you are playing.

With all 6 signigs, what are you missing then?

I still need a really strong LB like Jonathan Silva which I can't get, but that is the type of LB I like.
I need a playmaker like a Verratti, Florenzi or Fabregas.
And lastly I need some dinamic forward player that can play on the wings or F9 and get me some goals. A bit like Alexis Sanchez or Barbosa (which is too expensive).

Seems Guidetti likes Leicter more then Feyenoord. He is not joining... :( So I need a nice hard working goalscoring striker too.

Last edited:
The lb is a hard spot, cant you lone pinto in boca? maybe a player like stafylidis are possible. look at: Caju(santos) emerson(santos) Rafa (porto)

Playmaker: danny Bakker(ADO), Lundemo(lillestrøm) Rotwell (man united) Danilo (braga) Frankowsko (from polen)
Right wing: Spalek( Trnava) Zikovic ( Partizan) Julio Gômez (Pachuca) Bicho( deportivo)
striker: Ezekiel (from QAT) Kenedy ( Fluminense) Corentin Jean ( Troyes) Stokkers ( Sparta) Bytygi ( Sandnes)

Pinto doesn't excist in my game. That is nasty. I am looking at Oviedo now. Don't know if he is good enough tho... Might look at Emerson aswell.

As playmaker and winger I bought Giuliano. Very consistant and a bit of experience is also nice.
Will look at Danny Bakker and Danilo (Braga) too.

I don't know all those strikers you mention. Very interesting. I am also looking at Dybala and Zozulya. I never used them, but their stats seem okay, even tho they are a bit small....

Last edited:
Oviedo from everton? he is a great player for 3 years, then you will find better at that time.

Ezekiel is a upcomming star, kenedy is a player that irl Manchester United is looking at, the new neymar some say.

Dybala is a monster, he will do great for you. strokkers is a you upcoming in dutch football.

Oviedo from everton? he is a great player for 3 years, then you will find better at that time.

Ezekiel is a upcomming star, kenedy is a player that irl Manchester United is looking at, the new neymar some say.

Dybala is a monster, he will do great for you. strokkers is a you upcoming in dutch football.

Ezekiel looks nice, but is African.. I prefer not to get involved with players who screw up my season by joining in UFC fights a.k.a. the Africa Cup.

Kenedy looks very interesting. I have 2 weeks to go and sign players, maybe something can happen. I already see who is his agent tho and I am sceptical. He will probably lock in a release fee clause which will make it hard for me to ever make profit on him. But we will see.

Dybala is at Palermo. That might be a tough cookie to crack in terms of salary, but we will see. I do like the options you gave me mate, thanks.

Kenedy is loaned out. So I can get him after season 2. Is he really that good so I am gonna buy a 20 year old player for 10 mil?

I did buy Giuliano and he is a monster. My god. If he peforms during the season as he does during the CL qualification, I will be champion. So solid.
Dybala doesn't want to join sadly.

My biggest problem is the LB position now. Nelom is nice, but defenately a liability when it comes to defending. Oviedo is not gonna be the guy to fix that. I canceled the transfer, because he is too expensive for what he does. He has very limited dueling power. I might aswell buy a great AML and build him LB if I take Oviedo.

At the moment I am thinking of going for Doria, Mammana or Borja to fix the problem. What do you guys think?

Just pay for kenedy, you will not loss money on it.

Mammana is great, but only as a CB. witch CB is best in pace, tackling, stamina and postion?

probably Doria, but 70 mil is a bit steep. Borja is also still an option to have. Also as extra DC. Tho Mammana is also up for that spot.
As extra option as LB I am thinking now of Imbula. He looks strong.

Offensive I would like one more goalscorer. I have some good experiences with Guilherme... that player that once played for Dinamo Kiev, but I am also looking at Borini. Options..

imbula i had a great periode with in tottenham, so i think he will do fine. Mammana is a cheeper and a better player then doria when he hits 23.

Go for guilherme, i have no good experiences with borini in this season of FM. great last year, semes a very inconistnes what i see of.

If you have any other suggestions for goal scoring strikers/AM's I am all ears... :)

First of all my apologies for not responding on the last message or keeping the people that helped me up to date.
So now some larger message.
It is january 2016 now.

First the summer of 2015. What did I evenatually do?

Sold:
Basacikoglu
Gil Romero
Boetius
Aimar
Achahbar
Babacar
van Beek
Toornstra
Immers
Kongolo

Bought:
Knoche
Munoz
Corchia
Romeu
Bakayoko
Calleri
Quintero
Giuliano
Imbula
Isimat-Mirin
Fierro <--- by some cosmic accident I was able to steal him away. Sick luck. Otherwise I would have gone for Martial, even tho I didn't like his demand of a fixed 32 mil release clause.

I am doing quite well. I was 1st in the division for a long while, but due to a reason lapse in peformance due to insane amount of injuries I have dropped to 2nd now.
Giuliano is by far my best buy. He is insanely well at passing under pressure. He has a 95% pass completion, while he plays most of the time near the enemy penaltyarea. Very pleasing.

Now it's january and I need some more players for the future. El Ahamadi, Wilkshere, Mathijssen, Nelom, te Vrede are all going to retire or sign for free elsewhere. Might get some cash for Nelom, but we'll see.

So now I bought some nice regens + Lucas Silva. A highly skilled dinamic midfielder who also specializes in passing the ball to somebody with the same shirt and socks. A bit like a young version of Romeu, but maybe even better.

My regens:
View attachment 289974View attachment 289973View attachment 289972View attachment 289971View attachment 289970

This should get me into the future. Unless somebody important gets sold, I don't have to do anything this summer of 2016.