Amadeus91

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
At first, I am sorry for my not really good English - I'm from Russia, so don't blame me, if I do mistakes, just correct me)))
Secondly - I would like to thank comrades View Profile: postrotok - Football Manager 2015 Tactics, Wonderkids & Tips and View Profile: agieluma - Football Manager 2015 Tactics, Wonderkids & Tips for inspiration they created by their tactics for me to make my own one. Lads, I appreciate your tactic knowledge, but your tactics are great for clubs, who have finances for transfers. Being manager of Vauxhall Motors, I can't really say that I was free to buy needed players :D
And finally - THE TACTIC! :D

I was appointed as a manager of Vauxhall Motors and the board wanted me only to save the club from relegation. Finances are very small, so I came up with my thoughts how to keep VMFC afloat in the Skrill North and made this tactic.

At the first glance - it's classical 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, but in fact it's a mix of three different formations.

1) Defence. To stay away from relegation, you need good defence. So I thought that it would be convenient to have three CB - RCB and LCB are blocking attack, and central CB stays back an is hedging partners. Why not sweeper? Can you find a really good sweeper in modern football? So couldn't I.
2) Flanks. The greatest problem managing a poor club. The ideal solving of this problem are WBs. In fact - RB/LB are more defensive option (and I already have 3 men in full defence), RM/LM starting to vanish like sweepers, IFs can't do defence really good.
3) Midfield. As we already came up with five men in starting line-up, it wouldn't be wise to assign different roles to midfielders - in the alignment may not be enough space for forwards, and then who will score goals? So I tortured my creativity and placed two free CMs (box-to-box-type) and to have more creativity in front of opponent goal - AMC-Enganche (am I right with the spelling?).
4) Attack. We have to places for forwards. What roles shall I assign to them? The decision came quick - both should be F9s. Only a F9 is not only a sharp-shooter, but a great passer and a wonderful dribbler. Only a F9 can pull the defenders, creating free zones for the partners, where, mocking the guardians, gives an elegant pass for a killer blow.

So it is a 3-2-2-1-2. But why I call it an easy way to confuse opponents?
'Cause it's seen as 3-2-2-1-2 only on paper)))
1) Fast attack/counter. Using quick WBs, good F9s and an Enganche, this line-up turns to be 3-2-5, as CBs stay back, CMs are hedging attack, others are attacking very wide and creatively.
2) Slow attack. Turning from 3-4-1-2 to 3-2-3-2 and then to 3-2-1-4. This changeover is created by WBs, who are always a line up from the ball, making more opportunities to attack.
3) Defence. If you have the strongest players at your disposal - it is impassable. Really - opponent defenders are met by Enganche, short passes are cut by F9s, long passes - by CMs, and in the second line - five men defending. Midfielders can only pass back, 'cause I think only Maradona could make a succesfull pass to a closed partner being heavily pressured. And wingers are in the same situation - what decision you'd come up with, if you are pressured by WB, and an opponent defence has 4 men back, who are closing your attackers?

Unfortunately, I had not any opportunity to buy best suitable players, and didn't win the league... BUT! Instead of relegation, my team became 4th in the league, lost in the Playoffs Final, having the most scoring attack in the league. Ours wins caused two or three fired managers (Stockport, Altrincham and North Ferriby). North Ferriby, by the way, couldn't counter us - three matches in the season ended up with overall result 17-4 :D

In the end, I'd say that this tactic should be used by small clubs, who'd like to surpass the objectives for the season. Tactic and screenshots are here.

View attachment 266694View attachment 266693View attachment 266692View attachment 266691View attachment 266690
P.S.: Lads, how do you link Team Instructions and Player Instructions (individual) to the tactic??? Help me please, and I'll update this file.
P.P.S.: I will inform you about the next seasons) Stay in the thread!