yes, a few tweeks needed you would need to buy a few wingbacks, a defender or two. Would kinda waste essien though.

i was gonna have ashley cole left wing back and buy a right wing back

may sell essien , im going to buy agbonlahor for pace and pair him with drogba

Cool, who will you be playing as.

Liverpool..
So far, main problems are against big teams, or against teams which control possession.

For example, i just finished a game where Arsenal had 61% possession...:(

My side is :

---------------------------------REINA------------
Papastathopoulos------Skrtel---------Agger
G. Johnsson----------------------------------Coentrao
--------------Meireles----------Gerrrard
----------------------------Pastore-------------
Suarez------------------------------------------Carroll

Last edited:
Yes, controlling possession is an issue, how good is meireles, maybe you need someone better in that role winning the ball. Try retain possession TI and remember, the tactic is about attacking incisiveness, I have many a time before won a game 4-0 with 50-50 possession

great tactic for me so far! haven't lost a game in PL yet with arsenal, lost 1 game in champ league qualification but that was cause i was using only reserves. walcott, RVP and arshavin totally dominating! also bought arturo vidal to play as ball winning midfielder, been really good so far

Well, my version of this tactic has really been the tale of two seasons for me. And has made me very very annoyed with playing FM as a whole.
First season using it it went really well. I ended up 3rd in the league as Spurs and if it wasn't for 4 consecutive draws at the end of the season I'd have been challenging for the title. Defoe scored a hat full so I was very happy.

Start of the second season, I change my expectations to be title contenders as I thought I could manage that. I also signed Luiz Suarez. Sold a couple of backup/rotation players to make use of youngsters.
I spent this season using an absolutely identical tactic, with exactly the same players except one, no changes what so ever. I'm currently 10th in the league having just lost to Middlesborough. I've also lost to Stoke and Villa (among several big-team losses) and drawn against West Brom and Stoke, both at home.

So I play identically to my first season, but with one much better player added in, and I'm one game away from being sacked. for the fourth time this season. Why and how can this happen? It's times like these that games in general just annoy me :(

That can't be the tactic must be other factors, such as bad morale or players not fitting the tactic, sorry I don't think I can help you.

I know that it kind of spirals down when it comes to morale, so some bad games lead to bad morale, bad morale leads to more bad games etc, so thats understandable.
But as for the players, thats the thing, I'm using exactly the same players as the first season. I ended up finishing the season 9th, did reach quarters of the CL (losing to AC Milan), but it was just a very strange season. I've strengthened the team with a new RWB and new CB, so fingers crossed it'll go better this 3rd season!

Great tactic, mate! Used it to keep Malaga in La Liga with a solid middle of the table finish. In the second season I have a chance to challenge for a Europe spot. Love it, especially how solid it has been defensively for me, which is important to keep teams from getting relegated.