Work ball into box has worked a lot better one game I had 25 shots and 20 long shots way too high a percentage for my liking but the tactic looks so solid

Yeah, still not 100% happy with the balance, but when I select work ball into box, I seem to lose some of that relentless pressure on the other team.

Oh and just a few results from my current European campaign.

65d476dda0b9a20c86e68a9cc8f796bb.png

5e50449e92e7d6e91e77bb2ffb06b1fc.png

I'm still having 20-30 shots but now only around 5are long shots much better percentage

The question remains how defensively stable the tactic is when you don't have a team full of excellent players...

It looks to me like run-and-gun matches would be the norm if you're a small team. Flip of the coin would decide.

Well I've conceded two in 5 games with Watford first season

The question remains how defensively stable the tactic is when you don't have a team full of excellent players...

It looks to me like run-and-gun matches would be the norm if you're a small team. Flip of the coin would decide.

It has held its own in the German Third Bundesliga, where the quality of players is slightly less :) If you find the right players, it will always be worth it.

Well I've conceded two in 5 games with Watford first season

I think a part of the fairly decent defensive stance comes from the fact that the whole team is committed to the cause, be it attacking or defending. They go in hard, which becomes noticeable long term in yellow cards and suspensions.

Looked so promising now getting run over just lost 4-0 away at Wednesday looked promising when.it plays well though always respectthe striker less work and the countless hours spent in your analysis!

Looked so promising now getting run over just lost 4-0 away at Wednesday looked promising when.it plays well though always respectthe striker less work and the countless hours spent in your analysis!

Cheers mate. Which team are you playing with?

Watford actually a near precycling fit for this the first 7 games were great after that it was a collapse! Couldn't score and conceded a lot! Those first 8 games were good ha

Seems like I don't have the players for this tactic. Defenders are too slow for such a high d-line and I don't have fast AMCs with good dribbling that would be suited for the shadow striker positions. Maybe gonna get back to it once I have the chance to upgrade my squad to a decent level but so far I can't really recommend it for weaker teams.