• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 34K

iamauser

Staff member
**TESTERS WANTED**

3-4-3 - Lets Score Goals

View attachment 457500

The rules of football are the winner of the game is the team that scores most goals. Football isnt about nice Tiki-Taka possession football, you dont win by getting the most passes in a game, no. Its all about scoring more goals than your opponent. And the best way of doing that is to get the ball straight up field and shoot, and if that fails, shoot and shoot and shoot again!

This is probably the most basic tactic I have ever created, a route one style attacking game to try and out-score you opponents. It may be simple but so far it has proven effective. Surprisingly, it has also been fairly solid at the back.

The aim of this tactic is to play the ball long into the air for your target man to flick on to one of the poachers on either side of him, who should then be left with a one vs one situation. It also has the defensive wingers running down the line, and putting in early crosses for the target man to head home.

Positions

Goalkeeper

The most important attribute for your goalkeeper is his kicking ability. As you are constantly playing the ball long, it will be a huge asset if you keeper is able to pick out your target man time and time again. Good one on ones is also useful, as at times the opposition will breach the defensive line.

Recommended players: Manuel Neuer, Vincent Enyeama, Igor Akinfeev, Jason Steele

Centeral Defenders

There is nothing special needed from your central defenders, just good old fashioned, strong tackling players. Their job is to simple tackle and clear the ball forward, nothing more.

Recommended Players: Vincent Kompany, Neven Subotic, Giorgio Chiellini, Per Mertesacker

Defensive Wingers

These guys are possibly your most important players. I would highly recommend playing/re-training your wing backs to play there, because the have lots of work to do both offensively and defensively. As mentioned earlier, they will bomb down the winger and put in an early cross for your target man to attack.

IMPORTANT: When playing against strong opposition, especially ones with wingers, I would recommend setting your defensive wingers to mark your opponents wingers. This will hopefully prevent you from being completely over run on the wings, and stop crossing coming into your box.

Recommended players: Glen Johnson, Jose Enrique, Kwadwo Asamoah, Christian Maggio

Ball Winning Midfielder

Your BWM is possibly your most important defensive player, looking to break down any oppositions attacks before they have a chance to even get at your defense. Like your defense, you want a no nonsense tackler, who will break up the play, and then play the ball forward quickly.

Recommended Players: Lars Bender, Valon Behrami, Claudio Yacob, Lucas Leiva

Advanced Playmaker

Your advanced playmaker will look to get forward whenever possible, and help out the attack. If you can find a player who has the "arrives late in opponents area" PPM, that would be a real bonus, along with good long shots should see him grab you a few goals.

Recommended Players: Toni Kroos, Keisuke Honda, Paul Pogba, Frank Lampard

Target Man

Your target man is the main target which all your players will be aiming for. It is key that he is very good at heading, as he will be knocking balls down to your other strikers to allow them a route to goal. He will also be using his head for the crosses that your wingers will be whipping in. Having good long shots is also a bonus, as he will shoot if there is no other option on. High passing is also good for if he does receive the ball on the ground.

Recommended Players: Rickie Lambert, Oscar Cardozo, Fernando Llorente, Olivier Giroud

Poachers

There two will hopefully be the ones getting lots of your goals. It is vital they have plenty of pace, as well as good finishing ability. Having good dribbling ability is also a bonus, as they may have some distance to travel after your target man has flicked the ball on.

Recommended Players: Luis Suarez, Shane Long, Javier Hernandez, Seydou Doumbia

Corners

I know some people feel that having a routine for corners is cheating, so you may remove it if you wish, but I have got a few goals in the process. All you need to do is set one of your strikers to go short. Then you will probably see one of the following two scenarios happen.

HullvLiverpool_PitchFull-3_zps2f4fcf0b.png

Sometimes, you will see the red arrows happening, with the striker dribbling into the penalty area and unleashing a shot. Occasionally, your striker with just whip a cross in (as in yellow) for one of your players to attack. Both can be very effective. Also on the rare occasion the corner taker will completely ignore your instructions and just cross it in.

Results

So far I have only played a few games with Liverpool, but it so far seems to be going well. (Before anyone says I have cheated and removed Suarez ban and spent over my budget, yes, yes I have, but it is all for testing purposes. Its not like of got a team of Messi's and Ronaldo's.) These are the results I have had so far.

View attachment 457431

There have been four key matches so far, a friendly match against a full strength Real Madrid side, And Premiership games against Arsenal and Manchester United and a game against Manchester City in the cup, all of which were won by me.

View attachment 457430 View attachment 457429 View attachment 457428 View attachment 457427

Other Results

View attachment 457087 View attachment 457056 View attachment 457055 View attachment 457057 View attachment 456887 View attachment 456886 View attachment 456889 View attachment 456885 View attachment 456888

Opposition Instructions: None
Pitch Size: Standard
Training: Attacking/Attacking Movement

DOWNLOAD LINK: HERE

I am particularly interested to see how this works in the lower leagues, so if anyone could test it with a lower side, and post some results that would be great!

Last edited:
I will do some more testing later after work. I think I will try it with England, Brighton and Wimbledon

Progress so far with England

View attachment 457067

Admittedly we should be winning them, and the game against Poland was slightly disappointing, but staying unbeaten for the year was nice. I will play through the World Cup, and see how well the tactic works there.

View attachment 457066View attachment 457065View attachment 457064View attachment 457062View attachment 457061View attachment 457060View attachment 457059

61 shots vs San Marino was a bit of a laugh! Surprised we only managed to score 6, but thats FM for you.

View attachment 457058

And the mighty Rickie Lambert has got 9 goals in 7 games for far.​

Were is Andy Caroll? he would be a much better choice than Lambert as Targetman would he not?

That said it looks like its pretty plug and play and i deffo want to try this on a save!

Good work and good luck :)

Were is Andy Caroll? he would be a much better choice than Lambert as Targetman would he not?

That said it looks like its pretty plug and play and i deffo want to try this on a save!

Good work and good luck :)

I find Lambert is a better player. He has better passing and creativity which is a bonus.

Will test with Leamington once the first season ends (2 more games)
Hopefully it works with a team in the Skrill North :P

Last edited:
World Cup Results

View attachment 456898

This tactic must be doing something right. I managed to win the World Cup with England! I was hoping to reach the semi-finals with it, but I was not actually expecting to win. The biggest results were 3-0 against Germany, 4-1 against Ivory Coast, and the all important 4-1 victory against Uruguay in the final. The friendlies before the World Cup went well too, and only drew with Portugal because they were using a corner tactic and got both their goals from it. Lambert ended up with 17 goals in 18 appearances.

View attachment 456895 View attachment 456894 View attachment 456892 View attachment 456891 View attachment 456890

Next test will be with Brighton and Hove Albion.​

Back