3-4-3 - Lets Score Goals!

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 34K
Ah unlucky mate. Hopefully thinks will pick up!
Hope it does, just lost 3-2. Conceded in the 89th and 90th minute. It seems that my defenders stop for a second and then realize that the striker is through on goal lol

Edit: I think this isn't a suitable tactic for underdogs, although if you're a team like Manchester Utd, Chelsea etc. you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Hope it does, just lost 3-2. Conceded in the 89th and 90th minute. It seems that my defenders stop for a second and then realize that the striker is through on goal lol

Edit: I think this isn't a suitable tactic for underdogs, although if you're a team like Manchester Utd, Chelsea etc. you'll be fine.

Ok mate. Will look into it.

It is vital you make sure you get your defensive wingers to specifically make their wide midfielders. I did a test, playing the same match a few times, and whenever I set my wingers to mark theirs, they struggled to create anything. When I didn't, they ran riot in my defence.

Decided to use this with Burnley, noticed one problem straight away, the long shots, all the players ever do is pass to the AP, who just runs and shoots, hardly any crosses are going in because he's just constantly wasting it. Any way to combat this? Tried to tell him to shoot less often but won't let me select it in player instructions.

Decided to use this with Burnley, noticed one problem straight away, the long shots, all the players ever do is pass to the AP, who just runs and shoots, hardly any crosses are going in because he's just constantly wasting it. Any way to combat this? Tried to tell him to shoot less often but won't let me select it in player instructions.

Very odd. I havent noticed this with any of the teams I have tested this with yet. I would try turning the "Exploit the flanks" team options on. That should help combat this.

Very odd. I havent noticed this with any of the teams I have tested this with yet. I would try turning the "Exploit the flanks" team options on. That should help combat this.

I'll give that a try, it's a shame because I've got the players for the tactic and it should do well, but I'm getting outplayed by every team I play, 1 of them being Preston!

Currently experimenting with a very high back line playing the offside trap with a sweeper keeper. Could go well, or horribly, horribly wrong.

Version 2.0 is the same tactic in post 1 ?

No it is different, but the same. I still havent settled on the formation yet, but im finding the 3-4-3 works, but i have pulled the midfield and attacker back a line each (so the mids are now DMs and WBs and the STs are AMCs)

I have taken inspiration from the Bermuda tactic on this thread here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...922-3-4-2-1-no-striker-tactic-ccc-s-gold.html

Currently testing as Liverpool. Here is my first results, albeit a friendly (I have added a few players for testing purposes, before people say I have cheated....)

View attachment 438704

Back