Reaction score
This is going to be a quick one for now. I will update this with some long, rambling, detailed explanations in a day or two but for now here are the basics -

It's a straightforward 3-4-3. No Diamonds, no Sweeper, no advanced AM, no wing-backs.

Just 3 central defenders, 4 across the middle and 3 central strikers.

Trequartista types are best in the striker roles. The central striker is set to poacher to keep him pushed further up. The other two are DLF.

The midfield is fairly self explanatory. Players who have good CWB ratings out wide. A BWM in the defensive role, A defensive playmaker in the DLP

The defence needs to be quick, good in the air and have very good anticipation. If your defenders don't match up to this, you will ship lots of goals and this isn't the right tactic for your team. Centre of the three pushes forward to intercept and sweep ahead of the line. The other two kick people in the shins.

ALL players need to have high Decisions and Work Rate. Good Aggression helps too. If your players are lazy, it won't work. High Creativity is needed for the strikers.

Picture time -

View attachment 382397 View attachment 382396View attachment 382395 View attachment 382394 View attachment 382393

Team instructions are kept to a bare minimum. The players are encouraged to play with intuition.

Don't use OIs.

Use whatever training works for you.

There are lots of guides around these pages for Teamtalks, so find help there if you need it.

I will update this at a later date, so forgive me for the brevity of this post. ;)

View attachment 382392 TACTIC LINK

Very impressive considering your challenging for the title in your second season. I'm just amazed that you were able to afford VVictor Valdes's wages. Looks Impressive

Very impressive considering your challenging for the title in your second season. I'm just amazed that you were able to afford VVictor Valdes's wages. Looks Impressive

If his contract runs out and he becomes a free agent, he will drop his wage demands dramatically. I'm still paying him a ****** fortune though - ?98k a week for 2 years :( Plus I always offer him a huge cut of future transfer deals - 50%. He cost me nothing anyway and at his age he won't bring in a fortune but it sweetens the deal to get the basic wage to a manageable level. In FM14 I often get more enjoyment from the deal making than the game itself ;)

Perhaps I should do a guide to making deals....*ponders*....