drweni

Reaction score
So here is first tactic that I will post. Been playing for long time, from mid of 90's. Tactics is not based on anything special, but reminds me of 90's tactics with 3 men defense and AM behind 2 strikers. I was going to try it with sweeper, but there are no many players today compatible with SW position. So let's start
FORMATION&STYLE
It is 3-5-2, with 2 DM’s , one def.mid and the other one deep playmaker. It is set to press more, short passing and zonal marking. Attacking, fluid, both counter and offside ticked.
View attachment 339438View attachment 339439View attachment 339440View attachment 339441View attachment 339442View attachment 339443View attachment 339444View attachment 339445View attachment 339446View attachment 339447

PLAYERS
Defense: not much to say, best CB you can get. Make sure to have at least 5 CB in the team, maybe even six. They often loose fitness, so you have to rotate them.
DM’s: classic DM, best like Bender, strong physically, good work rate &teamwork, solid technical. DP- not much to say, good teamwork, work rate, passing etc. players like Arteta etc.
WINGERS: Ideal are wingers that are more wingbacks then AM R/L . Players like Schmelzer, Zuniga..
AM: nothing special to mention, Cazorla was great. (H)
ST: I set it as combination of Poacher and other one. Other one can be target man (Schieber), CF (Lewa) etc. Depends what players you have.
TESTING
I tested with Dortmund and Arsenal, without doing any transfers. Going pretty good with both of them. A notch better results with BVB, but for me it seemed even better with Arsenal, just some unfortunate draws. Also, because I did not buy any players, I had problems with DM, Arsenal doesn't have DM beside Coq, and no DP besides Arteta. And their wingers are more AM/Forwards then Wingers/wingbacks. Chamberlain was doing pretty good on RM, and Gibbs good on left flank, but he got injured soon.
I don’t have time to test it further, hopefully someone else will.
View attachment 339448View attachment 339449View attachment 339450View attachment 339451View attachment 339452View attachment 339453View attachment 339454View attachment 339455View attachment 339456View attachment 339457View attachment 339458

PREP&TRAINING
This formation is not usual, so at many clubs it will take time to get fluid. So when you start season, arrange as many friendlies as you can. Every 2-3 days. I let assistant take control of friendlies. As match prep I use team cohesion – very high, until beginning of the league. Then I use Balanced – Average. Training is Tactics only before becomes fluid. Then I change to def.pos., but switch to att.movement if I am playing home against weaker sides.
OI&TALK
I leave it all to assman, but I would not suggest you do that, if you don’t have good one.
NOTES
Both saves, Arsenal & Dortmund, I had some 50-50 games, but it went my way. Sometimes it won’t, so I am not saying anything like this tactic is unbeatable etc.
Corners are nothing special, I don’t like scoring bunch of goals from dead balls.
Don’t ask for players filters, because I don’t have one. Also, what is the point of playing with filters?
TWEAKS
If my team is struggling I drop down AM to CM. Also I noticed I often concede from corners, so maybe there something to work around, or try def.set pieces for preparation. Also my defense is sometime confused :/ , so maybe it is worth a try without playing offside. That’s for you to find out.

p.s. sorry for my English. Enjoy, hope it does good as it was for me.

View attachment 339432

Last edited:
I am doing a similar tactic except I am using 2 fullbacks and a sweeper in the back so far am winning with it. I have a team from the semipro level of English leagues. Using wide attacks with DM as box to box really dominate the middle of the field and then work out wide for crosses into the box.

@supermatt1978 - yeah mate, looks nice. But it's not really the same, I use wingers you use wingbacks, I use AMC you use SW etc. But really no problem if we have 3 good tactics based on 3 men defense? ;)

So I continued to test it with BVB. It's going still good, only Barca trashed me 5-0 at camp nou. But it wasnt that bad as result says :p . also I lost to bayern 1-2 at home, really don't know how :mad: (both ss are here). Im doing great in the league, I'm still in the German cup. Bad thing is I'll probably will be out of UCL. I lost first leg to Arsenal 2-4. It was 50-50 match, a bit unlucky for me, Gotze, REus and Schmelzer were all injured.
Here are screens for some stats, matches, players etc..
View attachment 339617View attachment 339618View attachment 339619View attachment 339620View attachment 339621View attachment 339622View attachment 339623View attachment 339624View attachment 339625View attachment 339626View attachment 339627View attachment 339628View attachment 339629

@drweni - i wasn't saying don't do one i was just sharing my version . yours looks good mate hope it works well .

@drweni - i wasn't saying don't do one i was just sharing my version . yours looks good mate hope it works well .

No problem, mate. So far so good, I just finished season with BVB, won the double. I'll post SS later.

I finished first season with BVB, won the double pretty convincing. Lost to Arsenal on away goals in CL, first knock out round.
Few things to point out:
  • I wasn't doing any transfers at all
  • I had only 3 CB, so when some of them is injured/suspended I had to use reserve/U21 players
  • Wasn't handling media and players interaction, discipline warnings etc, because I did not have time :p
  • let assistant take OI and TT
I think results could be a notch better if I had some decent CB cover, and if I had not so many injuries. And if I could put a little more time in to it. I just played games, between was on automatic continue.
My wingers (Kuba,Schmelzer, Pisczek) were leading the league in the distance covered by 90min, so there you can see the key of this tactics. Wingers must have good work rate, teamwork, pace, stamina etc. If on top of that they can dribble and cross, even better :)
Here are the screens, tactics looks very good as I can say, if you have time test it with other sides

View attachment 339934View attachment 339935View attachment 339936View attachment 339937View attachment 339938View attachment 339939View attachment 339940View attachment 339941View attachment 339942View attachment 339943View attachment 339946View attachment 339947View attachment 339948View attachment 339949