3-5-2 Relentless Attack (similar to Bayern Style of Tiki taka)

Normandy91

Reaction score
3-5-2 Relentless Attack (similar to Bayern Style of Tiki taka) W/Tactic Download

Hey Guys

Edit: I know im playing as Man Utd but this is my second Season with the Devils and they have become expectant of a Euro Cup spot finish (5th - 7th Place)

I have been experimenting for the last couple of weeks with a 3-5-2 style of tactics as i have found it frustrating with old faithful tactics not working and have oddly stumbled into this creation that results in a possession dominating style of play with high chance creation %. My opinion, I find it reminds me a lot of how Bayern play at the moment.

Often i tend to stick clear of 3 at the back formations back went for a change and am surprised that with all the attacking that goes on with the tactic that it still manages to put a wall up against the opposition.

So far this season its been very successful with a couple of bumps due to injuries to key players.

Here is a few screens below... if you wish to know more about it, throw some comments my way and ill address them as soon as i can.

View attachment 321944View attachment 321943View attachment 321942View attachment 321941View attachment 321940View attachment 321939

Opposition Instructions:

View attachment 321938

I actually kept Defensive ON for the rest of the season and oh my, it worked wonders. Some of you guys asked why and i believe having it ON works with the engine itself being as it is. I have used Control, Attacking and Counter however i always find mentalities too focused or broken in most cases. i find Defensive keeps men behind the ball better, i rarely/never get dominated in games against bigger opponents than any other mentality and as you can see in the screen below having it set Defensive does not affect my Goal Scoring.

View attachment 321932
With the squad i have i didn't expect to dominate the league like i did, also won the Champions League

DOWNLOAD

Here it is (hopefully) download and give it a go... all T/I's, P/I's & O/I's should be there.
Please Tweak and Tinker with the tactic
Get back to me with feedback and improvements you have made with it.

View attachment 321936

Last edited:
i fail to see the point in the "defensive" mentality, getting wrecked everygame with this tactic

but 2 lazy now to try other mentality after couple very horrible results

Me too, i do not see the reason to use defensive tactics at all.
I have not tried this tactic yet but i think it needs a lot of time to work, a lot of training sessions and specific type of players.

Trying it with control... i actually forgot that defensive was on... apologies its usually attacking against similiar/ stronger teams and control when favorites.

My bad, im new :)

can u please share this tactic? thanks

Changed the formation to this today, with this game capture against Chelsea where im considered underdogs and have not got a strong history against. Everything is the same as above but my god its good at the moment
View attachment 320428

works amazing for me

I enjoy thuis tactic, but with a few changes I use playmakrrs on the wings and onze complete forward instead. i love the possesion and the goals thx!

hm, havent tried it yet, but it seems that most of your players have "Dribble more" by the default. but still there is a beautiful amount of passes. how come?:D