JOFM2

Reaction score
After watching Chile play in the World Cup I felt inspired to create a tactic that emulated the way that they play, throughout their 4 games in the tournament they have won the hearts and minds of many neutrals for their high pressing, all out attacking style. Being quick without the ball in terms of hassling and harrying the opponents in an effort to win it back to being controlled and measured without it Jorge Sampaoli has brought together a team with no real world class talent, except maybe that of Alexis Sanchez, to play an attractive and exciting brand of football which has gained them many admirers from around the globe.

I started using this tactic for the second half of the season and as you can see it was largely successful, there are obviously a few games that didn't go to plan but that is the nature of this tactic I suppose. I can't stress enough how important I believe it be to get the right players in the right positions, this is especially important in defence. By this I mean that it is important to have Wing Backs that are physically proficient with plenty of pace, the Central Defenders also need to be quick particularly the 2 covering Centre Backs, due to the High Line that is adopted in this tactic the central defenders will need to track the runs and clear ups balls that are put in behind the defensive line.

I'm still in the development phase of this tactic and I would be extremely grateful if any fellow FM players took the time to try my tactic out and give me some feedback. The main thing I am looking for is to try and make the tactic a little more defensively sound, I realise that due to the nature of the tactic this will be a difficult task but if anyone has any ideas than I'd love to hear them.

So give it a go and let me know hat you think, if yo have any questions than let me know and I'll get back to you.

JOFM2

Ah yes the 3-5-2 style tactic, this reminds me when I created my first ever tactic on this site for FM 12 it was a huge hit until the new patches came out.

I'll give it a shot with my Newcastle team and let you know how I get on :)