3-5-2 with a hole in the defense - HELP!

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been working on this tactic for a while now - Getting some inspiration from other tactics.

I score alot of goals atm. but my problem is that I always seems to let in a goal or 2 - Almost never getting a clean sheet.

Any suggestions?

3-5-2.png
Matches.png

Attachments

• Andersson 3-def v2.fmf
    44.6 KB · Views: 25
Have you noticed, how the opponent are scoring against you?

From your tactic, I see different weaknesses.

1) You have bad cover on your wings.. So I can imagine, it would be easy to play wide against you, and scorer from wings.

2) When you have a High defensive line - its easy to play a long ball behind your defenders. When you also have a high pressing line, that means your players are pressing across a large area, and this opens areas between your lines, that the opponent can play in, and get into dangerous positions.. When I play with a High defensive line, I like to lower the pressing line - This is to make it narrower between my lines, and make it more difficult to create chance against me - It does however, open up for their defense to play a long ball - But in my opinion, that is less dangerous.

But it really depends on how the opponent are scoring against you.. Make notice of it, and try to prevent it.

Have you noticed, how the opponent are scoring against you?

From your tactic, I see different weaknesses.

1) You have bad cover on your wings.. So I can imagine, it would be easy to play wide against you, and scorer from wings.

2) When you have a High defensive line - its easy to play a long ball behind your defenders. When you also have a high pressing line, that means your players are pressing across a large area, and this opens areas between your lines, that the opponent can play in, and get into dangerous positions.. When I play with a High defensive line, I like to lower the pressing line - This is to make it narrower between my lines, and make it more difficult to create chance against me - It does however, open up for their defense to play a long ball - But in my opinion, that is less dangerous.

But it really depends on how the opponent are scoring against you.. Make notice of it, and try to prevent it.
Thanks for your comments - I really approciate that!

In the mean time I have actually been working on the tactic and it looks very different now.

I haven't changed any of the things you spoke about. Some would actually say, that I went the opposite way around. Maybe take a look.

Attachments

• Andersson 3-def v4 (forward).fmf
    44.9 KB · Views: 33
I dont know, If I would say you went the opposite way..

1) you added a midfielder - That gives you one more player to help with the pressing.
2) you dont have so many instructions now with the ball - So I guess this prevents you from loosing the ball so much?

Do you know how the goals where scored against you? If I should guess, I would guess you had alot of goals by players passing ball behind your defensive line??

I used this formation with coruna. You need very speedy wing backs to provide enough width, in auto mode.
An out in out defensive midfielder and a another midfielder more forward with a high pass rating. Also vary from 1-2 to 2-1 occasionally.