Solobass15

Reaction score
So the simple story behind this tactic was that I could never find a good fullback to fit in the 4-2-3-1 that Arsenal usually plays. To make up for that, I decided to make a tactic where I only needed center backs. I started with a 3-5-2, but I couldn't get the defense to work right. I started using this formation in the 2016/2017 season, and you can see the results...

View attachment 368139

It has taken some tweaks, but I finally have the tactic to where I want it. On Defense, the midfielders clog the midfield and prevent any good possession in the final third. On Offense, the striker picks the ball up high in the midfield and will either look to take on the last defender and go to goal or find the attacking midfielder making a run. The only difference between the Home and Away games is that I switch the strategy from attacking to counter and I switch the center midfielder from attacking to support.

The Tactic
View attachment 368136
View attachment 368137

The Striker and the Central Center back are the two most important figures in the tactic, so I would advise filling those two positions first if you only have limited transfer funds.

I don't use any shouts at the moment. For training, I will do very high on tactics in the preseason, and then switch between team cohesion and defense throughout the season.

Most of my testing with this tactic has been with high skill teams. I did use this formation fairly successfully with a New York Red Bulls/MLS save as well, though I don't have the screen caps as evidence.

The Results
View attachment 368152

Home Games
View attachment 368153View attachment 368154

Away Games
View attachment 368155View attachment 368156

Where the goals are coming from...
View attachment 368157

The Players

I'll post some pictures of the regens in the lineup so that you can see what type of players I'm using. Also, Jack Wilshere is probably not the best player for the BWM midfielder, but he's a favorite player of mine so I had to find a spot for him.

View attachment 368158View attachment 368159View attachment 368160View attachment 368161

Download
3-6-1 Attack.tac

This is my first tactic uploaded and actually my first post in the forum, so I hope you enjoy the tactic.