lja14

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with playing 3 AMC instead of wingers, and what roles do you give them ??

Thinking of changing to a more direct style of play thru the centre of the pitch??

Yeah I've got a tactic that plays a narrow 4-2-3-1, it works pretty well, but to be honest I play the left AMC as an IF and AMR as an Advanced Playmaker that hugs the touchline. When playing really centrally their wingers were hard to pin down. The way I got around that was to drop the 2 CMs to DMs and play them with zonal marking and hug touchline, it worked well while my young wingers were loaned out. Now they're back I moved the 2 wider AMCs to IF and Winger and it's a much more stable formation as a result.

You'd need to lower your pitch dimensions pre-season too, or it'll be harder.

Always a great option. What I love most about it is that you can train your team for either style of 4-2-3-1 - either with wingers or with 3 AMCs - and it only counts as one formation in terms of your team's preparation. Meaning you can switch between the two with no loss of effectiveness, its like getting a free 4th formation your team is trained in. Then once you factor in all the role options, where you can switch who's cutting inside and whose staying in support and so on......really gives you a huge variety of looks with just one tactic slot.

To add, the best team for this tactic is Shakhtar with their 3 or 4 guys that can play across the front line, a few of whom can use either foot. Lets you exploit just about any weakness you come up against.

Also I've found it to be a good formation against the tricky 3 man backlines, which seem to swallow up most things I try against them. You can make the striker a deep-lying/support (false nine), then put all three AMCs as attacking, you can overload their back line with an obvious 4 against 3