3 CM's with no wingers... Width Question

Comad

Reaction score
I'm looking at trying to make a tactic of my own as I've gotten bored of just using downloaded one's. One thing I'm looking at doing is having a 4-1-3-2 formation with a DM and three CM's. I'm worried that I'll be open to attack down the wings too much though. The two outside CM's I was considering having as BWM so they close down the opposing wingers but I don't know how this would work. Another thing I was wondering would be the team instructions for width. If I set the width to wider will this mean my players, in particular my CM's, play further spread across the midfield the outside CM's playing nearer the touchline

I may have posted this in the wrong place. I think it should be in the tactical discussion sub-forum

keep your width to normal for more balance in attack & defense, with short your wingers will be expose and wide all your players across the midfield will be expose, so your best bet is to have your width normal

Well I'm not planning on having any wingers in the tactic, just 3 CM's and a DM. With it a bit wider will the 2 outer DM's be near enough to the wings to close down opposing wingers?