I actually made a very convincing/good one last week :) old style tactic :)

3 defenders, 1lb, 1cb, 1rb then 2dm's, 1cm, 2am's (wingers) and 2st!

had very good results with Stoke, Lazio, Fiorentina, West Ham while testing it... I may have it at home, if you want I can upload it for you...

the two DM's are pretty much extra defenders, the Cb operates more as a Sweeper really!

I don't think there are many mate

I would play with a 3-4-1-2 / 3-4-3 ( with two wingers ) . I'm Torino coach,so i want a balanced and counter tactic. I'm playing with a 3-4-1-2 in Italian Serie B,but when i'll go to Serie A I can't play with this tactic because it's too offensive

One particular tactic I like to use with napoli is the 3-2-3-2, basically trying to recreate the way they play in real life. A sweeper behind two CB's, two wingbacks, a defensive mid and 2 CM's (one defensive/support, one attacking) and then two strikers upfront (a complete forward and a poacher). It's very hard to break down and still has plenty of attacking muscle, especially if you play on the counter - which you pretty much have to since sweepers and high D-lines don't work too well.

Has anyone ever made a tactic with 2 DMs and 2 wing backs and NO actual defenders? (as in no center backs or Rb or Lb)

I actually made a very convincing/good one last week :) old style tactic :)

3 defenders, 1lb, 1cb, 1rb then 2dm's, 1cm, 2am's (wingers) and 2st!

had very good results with Stoke, Lazio, Fiorentina, West Ham while testing it... I may have it at home, if you want I can upload it for you...

the two DM's are pretty much extra defenders, the Cb operates more as a Sweeper really!

I don't think there are many mate

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sure bud, will bring it in tomorrow! will link it here on this thread! I have not spent time perfecting it and really testing it out though, it is an old fashioned (well different) Target Man and Poacher tactic from back in the day :)

Big strong TM to hold up the ball, flick on for the quick agile pocher! your Dm's need good stamina, marking, tackling, teamwork, workrate, strength and acceleration :) positioning is also important, keep that in mind!

Moved to the subfoum. Please, can anyone actually read the posting rules in here before starting new threads. Its sticked and is called " please read before starting à new thread"

Last edited:
I wanna play with 3 defenders and 4 midfielders. The others 3 players aren't very important for me. So it can be a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. The most important things are 3 defenders and 4 midfielders.But if you have a very very very good tactic with 3 defenders that it's good with underdogs teams,is not a problem for me. :)

Also search for the Canterano(sp) tactics. I also have a 352 with 3 cbs and 2 ming backs so technically this is a 532 but it is very attacking...

this is sort of what it looks like:
View attachment 194699

What kind of pressing does it use? I was always in an impression that 3 man defensive line with LB-CB-RB wouldn't work because CB would get beaten if facing 2 strikers. But I am very interested to test this one with modifications to the formation, bringing other striker to AM or CM position.

I've used just 3 DMs with no CBs before.

It actually works if you put them on man marking.

Problem is they push TOO high up and you get long balled to death. Biggest problem is when their striker is offside, but it doesn't count since he is still inside their half. You need REALLY fast DMs for it to work so they can catch up to these balls.

But the possession / passing options / aggression you get out of the tactic is fun

here is the tactic :) the Stl is the target man, make sure you drop your TM into the TM list in the tactic! the ball is played to his head! so make sure he has good heading/jumping stats!

as I said, this was not even halfway finished :)

View attachment 194762