3 Sackings in a Row, No Tactics work, Please Help!

brendan93

Reaction score
Lets start off by telling you all that i am inexperienced with fm (played fm 2012 for a bit). I started playing properly a few months ago and i don't seem to be having any success with the clubs i manage. I have managed Porto, Athletico Bilbao and Molde Fk (recently sacked). Due to my inexperience i download tactics to help me, i also closely follow a well written guide for each club. I have tried a 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1,4-1-2-1-2 and a 4-5-1 all of which have failed to deliver results. I use training preparations , eg. defensive movement when playing the league champions. I use team talks for morale, i use scout reports and compare to current players, i monitor player growth and train the weaker attributes. I sometimes play players out of their positions, i cant avoid this, due to injuries and suspensions. Are there aspects that i am missing, should i consider player personalities, weather, coaching quality, scouting network etc as important or not? I do however change the play style quite a bit during the game, e.g with a 4231 possession i might switch to a fast direct tempo. Does this matter? Do you guys have any tips on how i can stop this cycle of being sacked ?

Thanks

You need to give the teams time to learn the tactic, you cant just put a tactic in and expect it to work staight away, mold the tactic around your team, make sure all the positions and make sure the positions that you put them in are the suited positions make your players can work in that positions don't put a deep lying play maker if he cant pass or he isnt creative it defeats the object