Reaction score
thinking off starting a newcastle save but want to try out a 4-3-3 formation with 3 strikers. but not sure on what roles to have. ideally i would like the middle of the 3 to be a target man, false9 someone who win flick ones and bring others in to play hold up the ball. my struggles is the other 2 roles im looking for them to get in behind opposition defence. from through balls n flick ones ideally the poacher role but i still want them to contribute to the play and other some defensive help. but having 2 poachers seems like having to passengers whilst defending so any suggestions on their roles please thanks

Strikers, especially on Attack duties, are strikers so they won't offer much more than pressing the defence.

That's basically all I want do u think 2 poachers would be alright or what roles/combinations would you recommend not that I wanna be spoon fed lol

That's basically all I want do u think 2 poachers would be alright or what roles/combinations would you recommend not that I wanna be spoon fed lol
It's exactly what you're asking though. ;)

Why do you want 2 poachers, who'll mostly sit on the D-Line?

Lol I no I just want the 2 forwards to sit on the d line and get behind the opposition whilst the target man will hold up the ball and win flick on'sbasically just wanna get their 3 strikers in the team

Lol I no I just want the 2 forwards to sit on the d line and get behind the opposition whilst the target man will hold up the ball and win flick on'sbasically just wanna get their 3 strikers in the team
So go for it. You'll have difficulties, every formation has, so it depends what you do to overcome it.

Thanks for your help quite confident bout overcoming them just wasn't sure bout the 2 poachers those 3 guides r amazing lol

I'm a 4-3-3 (3 Strikers) advocate.

In the last few FM's I have had a Poacher in the Middle flanked by 2 Deep Lying Forwards. If I am losing I will usually switch one of the DLF's to a Trequartista. On FM16 I am having issues getting the ball to the strikers consistently.

On FM15 I had a Ball Winning Midfielder (DEF) and 2 Roaming Play-makers behind them. That was enough to dominate games easily. This time it is inadequate. I am messing around with all the roles to figure out a better way. I always stick to a Poacher in the middle as they tend to act like a pivot to spearhead the attack while the rest of the team roams around. If I use an Advanced Forward he starts to run down the channels leaving no-one in the middle to score.

I usually use a flexible team shape and an attacking mentality, but I am going to experiment with fluid to see if this helps get the ball up to the forwards easier. If I use Deep lying play-makers in midfield they are great defensively and great at picking out out a pass, but they do not run forward to support the attack enough. If I use advanced play-makers they spring forward fine, but don't cover defensively enough. I've tried using both, but then my slightly asymmetric shape seems to leave easily exploitable holes the opposition can pass through.

I didn't know that 1-2 passes was an instruction you could employ. That might help a lot.

im trying mitrovic as a target man or dlf with perez n cisse as poachers with anchor man roamning playmaker n b2b midfielder

I used to have great performances from B2B midfielders in the past. Not so much since FM15.

I've just finished another season with AC Milan. Won Serie A by 1 point again (3rd season in a row). Lost in the champions league final AGAIN (2nd season in a row). Disgraceful!

I really want to sell my wingers, but they are easily my best players in FM16. My Welsh regen left winger has won world player of the year 2 years in a row. I am going to compromise with my "Wobbly" formation and modify my squad accordingly in the summer transfer window. I have used this type of formation before with some hit & miss results. Not sure on the player roles. I will experiment as the season goes on. Having 3 strikers to head the ball in from crosses should prove interesting.

The single winger does give you more attacking options as opposed to 3 MCs. It's strange to watch.

---S-S-S---
------------
ML-MC-MC--
------------
FB-DC-DC-FB

Maybe something like this could work as I have a ton of AMCs all complaining about lack of game time.

---S-S-----
-------AMC-
ML-MC-MC--
------------
FB-DC-DC-FB

My main aim is to crate game breaking tactics.

I use 2 DLF's on attack and a complete forward on attack in the middle. Score alot of goals using this, all three strikers usually gets over 20 goals per season.

This is working great for me with Milan. I have a great squad now. Odergaard is in his prime at about 28, but can't get into my team.

Attacking + Fluid seems to dominate most games.

---S-S-S---
------------
ML-MC-MC--
------------
FB-DC-DC-FB

I only have 1 great winger so I switch the WG (Att) to RPM (Sup) when I substitute. I plan to phase out the Winger eventually. Although it does create an overwhelming amount of attack down the left.

S: 2x DLF (Sup), 1x AF
M: WG (Att), BWM (Def), DLP (Sup)
D: 2x FB (Att), 2x DC (Def)

Still having the odd issue against some English teams like Man City in the CL. Spanish teams don't seem to pose a problem.