CodeX

Reaction score
This is a tweak of TheDuke's 5230 which I've found the best defensively this year.

View attachment 86504

Original Topic - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...0-park-bus-wba-win-epl-solid-performance.html

I've made some changes to the instructions, especially to make the Formation work far better in the Lower Leagues of the game.

I'm at the moment using this tactic in a network game, so I can't afford you much screens but I've got to mention that I have tried almost any and everything that is around these forums, FMKorea, PlayGM and the FMBase, tho nothing could get me out of danger but this one.

For bigger clubs, what you can do is set passing to "Shorter Passing" but remove "Play out of Defence". This enhances tiki-taka play - so only for bigger clubs. Better.

So plus the instructions I cheated again on the player instructions, every player on the pitch has given the instruction to "Close down much more" but the CBs. Obviously. That's what TFF does and what stephenhk does, and in this tactic it's working a threat really.

Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gtz7...5230_10C16290-A2B6-4CEF-B1A9-4267B1692855.fmf

Have fun! No OI

Wow! A 3-2-3-0? Dont think ive ever seen that in this years FM. Must be one of a kind.

How is this different from Knaps tactic or Demolisher or any of the 500 strikerless 3-backline tactics out there?

Wow! A 3-2-3-0? Dont think ive ever seen that in this years FM. Must be one of a kind.

How is this different from Knaps tactic or Demolisher or any of the 500 strikerless 3-backline tactics out there?
Is that dyslexia? Why don't you just move on? Can you not read? It is a lower league tactic. That's pretty much explaining what you are asking in the Topic already

Not read anything at all in the OP then?

AMCL : Right foot
AMCR : Left foot
?
or
AMCL : Left foot
AMCR : Right foot
?

what to do if a player get red card ?

who takes the corner ?

There's a little trick in chosing the best possible striking/att mid Strata. You let the assistant chose your starting eleven, then switch the striking duo around because the AI is always wrong in this case. In a trio I'm not sure yet. I thought about switching the outter att mids with each other, but I'm not sure what is working best yet, I have to try it myself, too.

In Duke's tactic it's been the case that AMCL - Right Foot and AMCR - Left footed methinks. Not too sure though but I'd try that first

For corners left - AMCR and corners right - AMCL.

In case of red cards, remove the middle AMC, if losing pull the 2AM to the striker position with role DLF-A both.

Thanks CodeX,

Going to try this tactic out with my 2021 Werder Bremen side that has been struggling and with Turkey.

I'll keep you posted!

There's a little trick in chosing the best possible striking/att mid Strata. You let the assistant chose your starting eleven, then switch the striking duo around because the AI is always wrong in this case. In a trio I'm not sure yet. I thought about switching the outter att mids with each other, but I'm not sure what is working best yet, I have to try it myself, too.

In Duke's tactic it's been the case that AMCL - Right Foot and AMCR - Left footed methinks. Not too sure though but I'd try that first

For corners left - AMCR and corners right - AMCL.

In case of red cards, remove the middle AMC, if losing pull the 2AM to the striker position with role DLF-A both.
Need to add something there, the point is the duo/trio do all need to have the same role set - otherwise the assistant will set the players up for roles that's not what I meant ..