Resource icon

343 CONTEBALL (STRIKERLESS)

Was there any Opposition instructions or not? Really enjoying this so far. Great work mate!

Sorry should have said I don't use opposition instructions tons 1.because I'm lazy and would forget to do it every game and 2. The tactic is set up to de with the key zones that I want to be pressed

UPDATE

v2 is coming... tweaked a couple of things with team and player instructions... forces the ball forwards from better angles for a much higher Xg... on average around 0.7 to 0.8 more

Been meaning to say I’m really enjoying the way that this plays. This is what I’ve been trying to create and you’ve done it perfectly. Can’t wait for V2!

jonathansmith updated 343 CONTEBALL (STRIKERLESS) with a new update entry:

V2 is here and it has more xG

tweaked the DLP player instructions along with the WB to make the ball go forward quicker at better angles rather than needless possession every time, the DLP will still recycle possession if the run from a SS isnt made but if the run is made then its chances all day long...

achieved this by tweaking the team instructions which you will see in the pic were we now look to put in early low crosses which means that the WB will play a through ball to the SS much more often with a better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey mate my download is still playing up :( what player instructions tweaks were made? Once again sorry for being a pain but can’t wait to test V2 out!

So its mainly the team instructions which you can see on the pic of the tactic to see the differences

As for player instructions... removed pass it shorter on the DLP and got them to dribble more... the WB I believe its just sit narrower but that might already be on there

So its mainly the team instructions which you can see on the pic of the tactic to see the differences

As for player instructions... removed pass it shorter on the DLP and got them to dribble more... the WB I believe its just sit narrower but that might already be on there
Cheers mate. V2 is looking really good! Enjoying the tweaks, especially watching in game. Nice one again!

UPDATE... picked my set peice takers for the year and decided to change from the WB to the WCB on each side taking them to see if there was a difference...

Turns out there was... score from a attacking throw in every game it seems atm... not changed instructions on the set prices screen... simply put the WCB as the taker on each side...

In the match engine it gives an extra player to overload in the first phase after the throw in and it sucks a defender in leaving the opposite wingback or SS free for a tap in at the back post

This looks fantastic, reminiscent of a tactic I had around 5 Years ago but strikerless seem to be phased out in recent years.

Will defo plug this in for the rest of the season.
Currently 8th with stoke in the Championship with 16 Games to go I will update to let you know how it end.

UPDATE... picked my set peice takers for the year and decided to change from the WB to the WCB on each side taking them to see if there was a difference...

Turns out there was... score from a attacking throw in every game it seems atm... not changed instructions on the set prices screen... simply put the WCB as the taker on each side...

In the match engine it gives an extra player to overload in the first phase after the throw in and it sucks a defender in leaving the opposite wingback or SS free for a tap in at the back post
Just tried it,it works,you brake it mate 👋👋👋
3 games in row scored in same way

But in general tactic still doesn't produce in my tests,more tweaks needed in my opinion for PL 😉

But in general tactic still doesn't produce in my tests,more tweaks needed in my opinion for PL 😉

V1 or v2... I found v1 not as consistent with the better quality of player in the prem... quicker players cover ground better so can stifle the possession at the back and the balls in behind...

V2 works better as the ball moves quicker and the ball is played into safer areas when moving it forward leading to more chances but does sacrifice the possession saftey blanket in defence at times so it's a balancing act at times

V1 or v2... I found v1 not as consistent with the better quality of player in the prem... quicker players cover ground better so can stifle the possession at the back and the balls in behind...

V2 works better as the ball moves quicker and the ball is played into safer areas when moving it forward leading to more chances but does sacrifice the possession saftey blanket in defence at times so it's a balancing act at times
I found it up front fantastic with devastating counters,but I don't like how 3 at back deal with pressure, giving to many easy balls to opponents,I am tweaking build up right now.
Tactic have huge potenciál 👋

I found it up front fantastic with devastating counters,but I don't like how 3 at back deal with pressure, giving to many easy balls to opponents,I am tweaking build up right now.
Tactic have huge potenciál 👋

The main suggestion to get out quicker and stop the CB dwelling on the ball is to make them dribble less and remove pass shorter off the WCB... main liability is more the middle CB...he gets caught from time to time and it's making sure that he has an option that is viable to pass to safely... tried a BPD but he sends the ball forward too often and dwells on the ball too much... change the width of the team down a notch to bring the WCB closer to the middle CB for easier passes... only thing else to suggest if your finding it hard to get out is changing the WB to support to allow them to show for the ball more... could even go more extreme and have them as IWB on support or attack to change the passing option for the CBs to find

The main suggestion to get out quicker and stop the CB dwelling on the ball is to make them dribble less and remove pass shorter off the WCB... main liability is more the middle CB...he gets caught from time to time and it's making sure that he has an option that is viable to pass to safely... tried a BPD but he sends the ball forward too often and dwells on the ball too much... change the width of the team down a notch to bring the WCB closer to the middle CB for easier passes... only thing else to suggest if your finding it hard to get out is changing the WB to support to allow them to show for the ball more... could even go more extreme and have them as IWB on support or attack to change the passing option for the CBs to find
I am completely reshaping defence,too easy goals,wing backs on attack are dragged out too often with opposition IF and you loose shape too easy,i found that double pivot on DM slot could fix thing because those 2 DLp's are not helping enough and I think so they need to be used differently
Testing it all day and I am not happy but I have idea how to make it more solid at back,once it's done It will be devastating

For example you see Trippier getting inside too easy and folowing Rasford*IF* in to the middle and we losing our 5 at back shape too easy for them to open us and score imidialtely i conceded 3 goals in 25 min.

Football Manager 2023 23.11.2022. 18_24_08.png