Hi AlvaroRecoba! I am trying your tactic with Juventus to see how it goes. I was wondering if ball playing defender would be more appropriate for the central defender considering how Bonucci plays? would you suggest that?
Cheers!

I shall add this to my game (Tottenham) and give it a try. I'm liking people's attempts with 3 at the back, makes a nice change.

I shall add this to my game (Tottenham) and give it a try. I'm liking people's attempts with 3 at the back, makes a nice change.

let me know how it goes !

Hi AlvaroRecoba! I am trying your tactic with Juventus to see how it goes. I was wondering if ball playing defender would be more appropriate for the central defender considering how Bonucci plays? would you suggest that?
Cheers!
Yes of course but PDB in the game throw long balls and loose possession wich can be inconvenient

Will try this with Juventus
dybala will score a lot !

I started a new save with Preston North End in the championship using this tactic, i use instant result so couldn't comment on the aesthetic differences but i found dropping the defensive line from higher to normal changed my results from being hit & miss with the opposition scoring from a couple shots on target to me blowing teams away albeit giving up the sturdy defence shown in original post.

Interesting idea.
I'm already playing with 3-5-2 but my defensive is not good as I wish.
This tactic seems to be more solid and to concede few goals.
Is still working after the new patch?

Last edited:
Amazing tactic, the first impressive thing that i've see is the solid defence, i've take borussia dortmund, in the first 15 games i've conceded only 4 goals...incredible, but i think that this tactic isn't good for these teams with much wingers and trequartista or offensive players, but the tactic is so good.

Now i'm finish a season with bilbao, i've lose the title at the last match, too many draws, only two defeat (yes, only two with bilbao) only one point from the glory :(

Any updates on this one? I think we got some defensive power here