Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspian_Rho

Reaction score
Seen quite a few threads on this, don't worry, not another request 8-|

Is it common knoweledge within the community about how you can do this?
Been working on it a few days and I eventually got my Southampton 2010 kits to show in matchday screen and tactics windows... which includes game restarts etc. Tried taking an SS but won't show the 3d match :O

If there is a need or an interest in a tutorial for this just lemme know!!

Last edited:
I would like to know how you did this. I've been round and round in circles trying to get my Aldershot 1st team to show either imported 3d kits or to use colours and styles set in FMRTE. I have had no proper success but some weird results (in the kits I mean - not in my games)!!!

For instance, my reserves and under 18's sometimes wear my chosen kit. Sometimes I see my 1st team subs are wearing the chosen kit while sitting on the bench!!! But the 1st team and the subs when I bring them on always revert to defualt FM10 kit of all red with no trimings.

I've followed lots of threads and done configs etc exactly as instructed. I've followed FMRTE exactly as instructed, I have some success with 2d kits showing up in the info screen and also with FMRTE colours showing up on tactics screen, but never in a 1st team match.

I see I am not alone in this, there are many threads on the 'net, but no solution.

I am using the Steam version of FM10 patch 10.3

3d Kits + FM 2010 = not a good pairing.

let me explain. FM 2009 was brilliant for 3d kits.. they worked a treat and everyone was happy.

Then cam along the new, improved, biger, better FM 2010.. but shock horror.. there are errors! Long wstory shorts, most of us decent kit makers know how to make 3d kits BUT there is barely a point to it because making them show in game is difficult, i have tried everything to get them to work and believe me.. i have tried everything lol.For some people they work, for others they don't or perhaps they just don't decide to work properl at all. God knows why this is. But it is a nightmare, hence why most are doing 2d kits because atleast they work =)

do hope they fix he issue for fm 2011. if i culd get my street kits in 3d format.. that would be complete and utter pwnage :)

I think its rather useless because the kits dont show any details anyway. The game engine automatically reduces the detail level as the camera pans further away from the pitch so what you'll get by custom making your 3d kits to match the real ones is a stripe here and a line there compared to what the kits are as default.
Getting them to work? Not hard just need the right folder and a proper config file and it works like a charm. Once I googled the correct SI games forum thread I've had no problems with the matchday kits, they are just not worth it. I hope the 3d engine gets drastically upgraded in FM11 like "promised" in the leaked information.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Oh and if some people cant get them to work I think its because most people try downloading FM09 3d kits into their FM10 directories because more often than not the old FM09 kits are advertised and labeled as FM10 matchday kits. And im pretty sure those config files and folder locations mess up the correct ones.

Not exactly true, I downlaoded a pack of 09/10 kits made for FM09 and edited one of them to make a bradford kit and changed the config etc. and they changed in game to the colours I changed on the editor not on the 3d kit template it self.

What I done was this:
I used the Resource archiver tool to extract the file that had all the 3d kits on it which is a file called graphics.fmf. Changed any teams that I needed to change, I never touched config files or anything like just saved the files as the original file.
Repacked the graphics folder back into the fmf format using the Resource archiver and dropped it back into the football Manager folder in PROGRAM FILES C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data

Reloaded the game and it worked fine, it does trim down on detail but worked 100%, I also used FMRTE to change the kits too, just to make sure the matchday tactics screeen also showed the same designs.

I think its rather useless because the kits dont show any details anyway..

Yes but, I'd like to be able to change the COLOURS of the kits even without much detail. I can't even do that. I've managed to get FMRTE to change kit colours in tactics screen and to replace the shirts on the info screen. I've absolutely definitely followed the FMRTE instructions given out in many threads but the match day kits (for any team, not just my own) never change from the default. After playing many seasons it would be nice to at least give the goaly a different colour shirt or change the away kits once in a while.

btw. Is FMRTE the only tool that handles kits & colours? Is there any other tool or other way to change the kit settings (and without having to start a new save)?

3d kits can be made, and will show up on the team info, but for some reason they don't work in matches. You can use the data editor to change kit colours and styles, and will show up minus logos/sponsors etc in a match. iota4u summed it better, but if you want to try them, there is a template HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.