Matty

Reaction score
Back to back PL titles with a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 formation,

FA Cup first season, League Cup second, lost in Europa league final first season, lost in CL final the second,

No problem really with scoring goals, Jermaine Defoe i decided to hold onto, has scored 25+ goals in both of the last season, however will certainly begin his decline as a player shortly.

Carlos Tevez brought in at the start of last season for 10.5 million, chipped in with 18 this season although was annoyingly inconsistent throughout the season.

And the acquisition of a bright Danny Welbeck who scores literally whenever he is on the pitch, although has only been playing bit parts and super sub roles.

3rd of June, 3rd season, i looked on the transfer list, Wayne Rooney. Wants a new challenge, 33 million. put a bid in straight away, basically set to sign. I feel it would be idiotic NOT to sign him, clearly!! Which is why im not going to waste anyones time by asking IF i should sign him...

The question is probably obvious however, do i keep trusty Defoe who may be on a slow decline over the next two seasons and who probably wont mind warming the bench in the key games or do i cash in on him while i can? Or do i try to cash in on Tevez who's worth much more than what i signed him for, also taking a BIG chunk out of the wage budget as Rooney is coming in on a cool 190k a week. Or do i attempt to keep them both happy by rotating them in my formation with just the 1 striker up top.

Opinions...

1) sign Rooney
2) sell Defoe get the cash while you can!
3) sell off Tevez next season and look for a regen or good player with cheap wages to replace him (while making a nice profit)
4) this season might cost a bit in wages, however, put all the extra cash into the wage budget :)

1) sign Rooney
2) sell Defoe get the cash while you can!
3) sell off Tevez next season and look for a regen or good player with cheap wages to replace him (while making a nice profit)
4) this season might cost a bit in wages, however, put all the extra cash into the wage budget :)

Very pleased with that response. This is pretty much the plan i had decided on TBH, so you have convinced me to go through with it lol! That is the only problem i have with playing FM, emotional attachment to players like Defoe, when they play so ****** well!! (H)

Defoe is a machine if played correctly!

This was a holidayed testing for one of my tactics:

216724d1326699666-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic-jermain-defoe-history_-career-stats-.png

216720d1326699633-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic-barclays-premier-league-overview_-stages-2.png

This was using the same tactic but playing properly:

217463d1326955873-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic-jermain-defoe-overview_-attributes-.png

217460d1326955861-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic-barclays-premier-league-overview_-stages-2.png

and on my proper save he is on about 16 in 16 as well :)

I never get attached to players! (well not never, but seldom)

Its a business at the end of the day, you need to make them money :)

Ye very true, its a cut throat business and all that.

My priority is win the CL now, iv won the rest, and lost out by an extremely small margin, in a game that Defoe and Tevez both played a part in and BOTH pretty poor.

Heres Defoe on my save... i over estimated his goal scoring, but its still impressive with his average ratings as well.

View attachment 221665

Heres Tevez...

View attachment 221666

TBH i did forget to mention i also have Iker Munian ^^) although i have been utilizing him at AML as an inside forward, due to not having IMO a good enough LB, so iv been playing Bale there. ALTHOUGH i think this season or next ill move Bale back to AML where he is far more effective and invest in as good a left back as i can find. ATM my cover for LB is Aly Cissokho, he is pretty good just dont trust him with the big games.

Look at Natxo Monreal - Malaga (consistent player)

monreal.jpg

Georgiy Schennikov - CSKA
113332d1289931710-georgy-schennikov-cska-georgy-schennikov-profile_-attributes-.png

Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras
2cxycgj.jpg

Alex Sandro - Fc Porto
fm12-player-profile-alex-sandro-2011-profile.png