Shaneckham

Reaction score
I have a created a tactic that is good defensively also good offensively. It is able to keep control of the ball but also deadly on the counter. How i did this -

View attachment 168307 As you can see from the screen shot i have a flat back four, cover and stopper cb, with fullbacks. My playmaker is the centre mid, who is set to deeplying playmaker. So when my defence win the ball we aim to get the ball to him and play good creative football. But for the counter i have my main man in the hole the trequartista set as my target man so i use him as my quick counter outlet, who will pick the ball up and send killer balls through the back line off your opposition. This way i have 2 playmakers, the opposition tend to struggled to predict this, i have had huge sucess with this.

View attachment 168308 View attachment 168309View attachment 168310
View attachment 168311 View attachment 168312View attachment 168313
View attachment 168314 View attachment 168315View attachment 168316View attachment 168317View attachment 168318

Iv uploaded them screen shots so you can see how it all works, as you can see i have a inside forward on the left and a standard winger on the right stretching the play, again just to keep them guessing. My poacher bangs in plenty of goals in this formation and so will your trequartista as he is very difficult to mark. Believe me this formation and tactic is very hard to beat.
View attachment 168319View attachment 168320View attachment 168321

As you can see from the screen shots, its working great and im currently on a 16 game win streak. I think iv lost 2 or 3 games il take them, every team will have a bad day. If your wondering why im a few seasons in you can look at my thread and see my posts throughout the seasons before, i have used a different tactic 4-4-1-1 which i have also uploaded
4-4-1-1 shaneckhams clever football

4-4-1-1 shaneckhams clever football test results

I have used some of the wolfsguide teamtalks tips, if my striker scores in the first half, say have faith and all that, if you want to know more about the team talk look up his thread. Other than that i dont use any shout i just watch goal highlights and let the tactic do the work, so please hepl your self, download and enjoy. Let me know if you have any problems and please leave feedback good luck.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC OFF THIS LINK

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/UgOuFhzn...CLEVER_FOOTBALL_(Man_City,_Dec_2016).tac.html

Last edited:
You shouldn't concentrate so much what roles and duties they have, for example your trequartista is closer to advanced playmaker on attack and your inside forward is tweaked to be almost like on attack duty.

Anyway some nice results, basicly this is 4-2-3-1, the other midfielder is just brought back to DM position.

How is press more working together with aggressive tackling? At least for me it produces huge amount of bookings, even red cards, I am using control strategy also (with attacking strategy more players have their tackling to hard than with defensive strategy, even with same tackling team instructions). Also I find man marking a lot better than zonal when pressing hard, because it is more aggressive and doesn't give so much time for the opponent. For some reason FM tacticians seem to stick with zonal, maybe because it sounds more tactical or something...

You shouldn't concentrate so much what roles and duties they have, for example your trequartista is closer to advanced playmaker on attack and your inside forward is tweaked to be almost like on attack duty.

Anyway some nice results, basicly this is 4-2-3-1, the other midfielder is just brought back to DM position.

How is press more working together with aggressive tackling? At least for me it produces huge amount of bookings, even red cards, I am using control strategy also (with attacking strategy more players have their tackling to hard than with defensive strategy, even with same tackling team instructions). Also I find man marking a lot better than zonal when pressing hard, because it is more aggressive and doesn't give so much time for the opponent. For some reason FM tacticians seem to stick with zonal, maybe because it sounds more tactical or something...

Yer I just get bored of the same old tactics used man marking for ages, so been trying zonal. Any way thanks for your input mate, il give your points a try see how I get on.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Also the pressing with aggressive, work nicely don't concede any more yellows than normal only my striker so I took him off hard, apart from that works well.