sprite99

Reaction score
Hello, i need some advices on my tactic. I am with United and sometimes i struggle. I managed to win 4 of 6 matches, the rest of 2 i lost against Everton (4-2) and Tottenham (2-1). I changed a lot of things and this is the final version of this tactic. Last 3 games i managed to beat Leicester (3-1), to draw with Juve(1-1) and to beat West Ham (3-0), but i still see some mistakes like sometimes my striker is invisible and a lot of spaces between my defenders. I tried to play narrow but it was worse. Some tips maybe?

View attachment 217612View attachment 217611

Some tips maybe?
I can give you many, but most important would be these links:

How to Play FM: A Twelve Step Guide

Pairs & Combinations FM2015 - UPDATED

Lines and Diamonds: The Tactician's Handbook for Football Manager 2015

Don't worry that they're for FM15. The logic is sound, so it applies to any version.

Your striker issue will be sorted when you sort out your roles and more importantly, duties, of the front 4.

The defensive issue is most probably because you want to press heavily (looking at the TIs), without being set up to do so with your formation, roles and duties.

Last edited:
Good to see you're getting decent results. Keep reading through the guides when you have time. :)

Some help

Could somebody help me with this situation: I have a great possession around 60-65% per match, 20-25 shots per match(mostly 10 on target) but i lack goals. For example i had 2 matches against Leceister and Everton both went draw 1-1, where my team was far better than them. Could somebody explain to me where is the problem?
View attachment 212729View attachment 212728

You overdo it on TIs and slow the game far too much for your tactic to have any chance to function properly. You have zero movement between the lines and a front 3 all charging forward, far away from everyone else. No defenders are being pulled anywhere, no space created, no one charging into space. It's slow, predictable and by the time the ball is in the final third (if it gets there) the opposition is set and will probably outnumber your 3.

You overdo it on TIs and slow the game far too much for your tactic to have any chance to function properly. You have zero movement between the lines and a front 3 all charging forward, far away from everyone else. No defenders are being pulled anywhere, no space created, no one charging into space. It's slow, predictable and by the time the ball is in the final third (if it gets there) the opposition is set and will probably outnumber your 3.
So, should i put the tempo higher or should i change the mentality and the shape?

So, should i put the tempo higher or should i change the mentality and the shape?
I'll refer you to the links I posted in post #2. Also, use very few or no TIs at the beginning. It's the best way to see what you need first.

Speaking of seeing what you need, watching a match on Full is the best way of doing just that. You'll see the movement of your players and you'll see what I meant in post #7. It's not even necessary to watch a whole game. Just 10-15mins of it will show you a lot.