4-1-2-1-2 - Away Counter Attacking Strategy

nickmajfc

Reaction score
I dont have images to back up this thread, but i will in a future detailed reference.

This formation has worked wonders for me. Im A-League club Newcastle Jets in my second season. I came 1st in my first season, but lost the Grand Final. I won 16 and lost 9, so i still wasn't happy with the way my team was playing. I kept the same formation and strategy for the start of season two and i breezed through Pre-Season.

But, i was in for a huge shock. I made some transfers, bringing in two good Pacey strikers and one good Attacking midfielder. I stuck with the same formation, but little did i know, this would backfire. I lost my opening two games and drew the next two, one in which i led 1-0 and was a man up.

This is when i knew i had to change things around. So i switched to the tactic im about to show you now. The game following, i demolished my rivals away from home, the Central Coast Mariners 4-0. First goal came at a record setting 23 seconds and the second arriving 2 minutes later. This formation/strategy is working really well, as ive now gone on to win 6 of my last 7.

Formation in view;

--------------------GK-----------------------
RB----------CB---------------CB-----------LB
-------------------CDM----------------------
-------------RCM-----------LCM--------------
-------------------CAM----------------------
-------------RFW---------- LFW--------------

Goalkeeper: Sweeper Keeper
Right Fullback: Wing Back [Automatic]
Left Fullback: Wing Back [Support]
Centre Backs: Central Defenders [Defend]
Defensive Midfielder: Anchor Man [Defend]
Right Centre Mid: Ball Winning Midfielder [Support]
Left Centre Mid: Central Midfielder [Support]
Attacking Midfielder: Advanced Playmaker [Attack]
Right Forward: Deep Lying Forward [Support]
Left Forward: Advanced Forward [Attack]

TACTICS

Philosophy: Balanced
Strategy: Counter
Passing Style: Direct
Creative Freedom: More Disciplined
Closing Down: Press More
Tackling: Default
Marking: Man Marking
Crossing: Drilled
Roaming: Default

Sliders

Defensive Line
-----|------------ : DEEP
Width
--------|-------- : NORMAL (Middle)
Tempo
---------------|-: QUICK
Counter Attack: Yes

Try it out and let me know if your more successful. This is used more for away games, as it puts the opposition in a bit of a hole when they think they have you pinned down, but you counter and score. Make sure your DM, CAM and Strikers are quick and possess alot of pace!

You will get more interest if you upload your tactic so people can download it rather than having to set it all up in their game.

I mentioned at the top: A detailed reference will be out later on

You will get more interest if you upload your tactic so people can download it
g.gif