RampageVin

Reaction score
Hey lads, this is my first time creating my own tactic on football manager and I think I've stumbled on something brilliant. Now, its only been tested in one game vs Leicester (Battered them 1-6, Main striker scored 5 and got a 10.0 rating) but, I would love to get some feedback. Now, for the formation: Breaking Down the 4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond) Formation: When To Use It and Why | Bleacher Report This article is where I began. This tactic was employed in Fergie's victory over Newcastle and also by Shakhtar in the 2007-2008 season. I recommend using this tactic sporadically and largely away from home. The Players: Complete Forward- A proven goalscorer. No if, ands, or buts. I use Rodrigo from SL Benfica (originally). Deep Lying Forward : Similar to the other striker. Scores and creates chances. The CF scores the goals though. The Attacking Midfielder (advanced playmaker) : Pacy dribbling freaks with exceptional passing. Creativity is a must. Center Mids (Box-to-Box on the right and a Ball Winner on the left) : I use a regen and Toni Kroos. You need good all around midfielders. The Defensive Mid (Deep-Lying Playmaker) : Defensively minded, good heading, marking, etc. The Wing Backs : Good crossing and pace. The wing backs provide you with the critical width that the 4-1-2-1-2 lacks. You need great wing backs! Center Backs (Central Defenders) : Solid defenders. Heading, strength, the works. Pace helps loads as well. The Goalkeeper just needs to be able to stop shot/distribute the ball. IN SUMMARY: not proven yet, I am asking for you guys to give me some help! I'm no Raikan!

I will test it for a season, with a few tweaks to fit my team

I used a 4-1-2-1-2 in FM12 its a great formation if you have the right FBs... In my version I had a flat back 4 with WBs on Attack... The way I had it set up it morphed into a 3-4-3 when I was in attack and formed a 5-3-2 when defending I havnt tried setting one up this year yet I tried it in the Beta mode but the crossing bugs killed it...
I have a system lined up Im going to use with Villa but I have to test it out I reckon it will work extremely well with them but Im only in the early stages...

If you persist with this style my advice is to get the best FBs you can it will fall apart with the wrong type of players... I also had way more success with setting the AMC to AM with "run from deep" set to often as this forced him to get beyond my strikers... I suppose it depends on how you play but this system works extremely well with possession play...

I find if you get two athletic CMs and FBs you can run teams into the ground as well think Maicon style FBs and M'Vila style CMs

hello
sorry for my english
i am french ^^
where is the link for the tactic please

Last edited:
Interesting. There was an unbeatable tactic exactly like this in CM01-02. Made me win EPL first season with West Ham ^^.

I've been enjoying loads of success with this tactic, home and away

where can i download this tactic?

this is a formation. i've always wanted to use, but never could make a decent one myself.

most recent one, i play on a Mac though, not sure if that makes a difference!

Have you tried this with smaller teams or only with Chelsea? Latest is 13.2..

I manage Italy and won the Euro's with the tactic. I dunno if that helps at all

are they the correct shouts? in the picture ur showing m&m shouts not diamond :S