4-1-2-2-1 Attack - Bournemouth 4th in 1st season

lucci100

Reaction score
At first i want to apologize for my bad English as it is not my first language. This is my first tactic ever on FMbase but it is to good (at least in my opinion) to not upload it for you guys to try out.

I had a rough start with Bournemouth trying to beat opponents on the counter in the beginning but than i thought i wanted to play attacking football. I figured this tactic out with the inverted wing-backs to control the midfield area. With this tactic you play a very beautiful tiki taka game outside the opponents box with lots of players making runs for through balls.

attachment.php

Assistant manager handles the training for me so no focus there.

position key attributes at least for me/useful traits/and my thoughts

Inverted wing-backs (traits: try killer balls)
Key attributes. Marking/Tackling/Dribbling/Work Rate/Determination/Pace/Acceleration/Passing/Positioning/Off the ball/Stamina/Decisions/Technique

A lot of attributes for this position so it is hard to find the right player. In this tactic this, the right player can give a lot of assists to advanced players. therefore technique/passing/decisions are for me mandatory attributes for this position.

Defensive Midfielder (traits: come deep to get the ball)
key Attributes. Marking/Tackling/Work rate/determination/strength/concentration/anticipation/positioning/stamina/jumping reach

in my opinion on of the most important position in my tactic. because of your highline of defence this player will have to defend a lot. also i encounterd a lot "over the top" balls, that is why jumping reach and strength come in handy.

Roaming Playmaker (traits: try killer balls/comes deep)
Key attributes for me are: Passing/technique/off the ball/first touch/work rate/determination/stamina/anticipation/composure/decisions

one of the most important player together with the mezzala for the passes. therefore vision, composure, decisions and anticipation are for me the most important attributes to help this player making the right choices at the right moment. why i choose for the roaming playmaker is because i like short passing. the roaming playmaker covers the whole pitch to ask the ball and always comes short.

Mezzala (traits: try killer balls/look for pass rather than attempting to score)
key attributes: dribbling/finishing/first touch/passing/technique/work rate/vision/off the ball/decisions/composure/anticipation/stamina/acceleration/balance

same description as the roaming playmaker only this player will makes more forward runs.

Wingers (traits: cut inside from both wings/likes to beat offside trap/tries killer balls
attributes: dribbling/crossing/first touch/passing/technique/work rate/off the ball/stamina/pace/agility/acceleration/determination

So now you think why would you want a winger to cut inside?
so the thing is that when you put a player with the cut inside trait on this role you give yourself more options in my opinion. If you put this player on a inside forward role with the trait cut inside, whats the point of the trait? he is going to cut inside anyways without the trait. so learning a winger who is good with both feets the trait cut inside from both wings you give the player more options. sometimes he goes down the byline and crosses, sometimes he cuts inside and gives your team more creative opportunities. At least this is my opinion of how i see the game and it worked really well in my save. Also with the trait tries to beat offside trap he makes a lot of runs when the F9 lures the defenders away.

False 9
attributes: dribbling/finishing/first touch/passing/technique/composure/decisions/off the ball/vision/acceleration/strength/work rate/determination

tried very much roles in this position for Wilson but at the end this was the ultimate role for me. what i wanted to create is a striker who comes deep and confuses the central defenders so that my wingers/mezzala could make runs behind the defence and create chances this way. that is the way i like to play the game and most of the times you get very good gameplay of the lads.

as this is my first tactic ever on FMbase id like to get some tips on how to improve my threads. I also like to know how the tactic works with you guys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some Games:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Are the wingers inside forwards or wingers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you take screenshots of the tactic please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they are also not included when you see it on a laptop

Hello,

just wanted to say that this is the best tactic on the forum as far as iam concerned.

Works beatiful on weaker sides too, i started with this tactic in 5th tier Poland and I could not get my hands on any Roaming Playmakers and F9's, it didnt matter.
I just placed some guys there that should play the role, although they sucked at it.

And although I was Media Predicted last every season I got promoted 4 Times in 5 Years and finished my first season in the Top Tier League 4th making it into Eurocup.