march

Reaction score
M.K-N 4-1-2-2-1

Hi

This is my 4-1-2-2-1 as mentioned in the title of this thread.

View attachment 332948

First I want to admit, that I don't give tactics that much thougt, I watch if they make results, that's pretty much it.

So I would like testers to make feedback about the tactic, and do your own tweaks.

That said, this in my experience isn't a huge dominating tactic. You score goals, but concede also.

This is the best result I've got so far, and I would like someone to try it with many different teams and give feedback, so I can improve the tactic.

I'm not using any OI.

I train my team this way during pre-season (10 games). View attachment 332953

And till the 10th match of the regular season. Then the tactic should be fluid, then train defensive positioning.

During matches I always start with attacking mentality. Then when I'm up by 2 or at half-time, I go to control. If things are heating up during the last 20 minutes, or I want to protect a small lead, I go Defensive or even Contain.

I will go through the players and their roles. Even though I said I don't think a lot about it, I still have made considerations about what I want the players to do.

GK: Sweeper Keeper/Defend - Not that much to say. I believe Sweeper Keeper is the way forward, look at Neuer, a extra defender, thats what I try to get here. I've experinced a lot of errors with attacking sweeper keeper, causing lot of stupid goals.

DR/L: Wing Back/Attack - Their job is standard wingback these days, come forward, overlap, cross, and defend when opposition has the ball.

CDR: Ball Playing Defender/Cover - Complements the other CD. This one is going down deeper, and take care of players breaking through against the other CD.

CDL: Central Defender/Stopper - Push ahead defense, and are supposed to stop attack early. If he fails, it is up to CDR, who is placed a little lower, to rescue the situation.

DMC: Defensive Midfielder/Defend - he is supposed to be the link between defense and midfielders. Winning the ball, pass it on and support the midfield.

CMR: Roaming Playmaker/Support - My attempt to fit in the new role in FM. He is supposed to be an all-rounder.

CML: Advanced Playmaker/Attack - A bit more direct than the CMR, is supposed to create chances, and score goals on occasion.

AMR: Winger/Attack - This isn't a goal scoring winger, but an assist winger, not much else to say.

AML: Raumdeuter/Attack - Again my attempt to fit in a new role. He is a goalscoring player, he's supposed to score goals and create space and chances to other players. Switches position with AMR to confuse opponent.

STC: False Nine/Support - Score goals, but as a false nine, seeks deeper and holds the ball to wait for support.

Here are some SS of my first few games with Liverpool.

View attachment 332952 View attachment 332951 View attachment 332950 View attachment 332949 View attachment 332897

Have fun, I hope.

Last edited:
Hi mate, works really well for me. Will post some screenshots later on this day. Some big wins! Even when its not fluidly yet. I do seem weak(er) against lower level teams. But that might be just my speach before and during the match... I had this problem before in other FM games :)

Hi mate, works really well for me. Will post some screenshots later on this day. Some big wins! Even when its not fluidly yet. I do seem weak(er) against lower level teams. But that might be just my speach before and during the match... I had this problem before in other FM games :)

That's great. How about big teams, I'm sometimes struggling against them.

7 games using the tactic, 6 wins 1 draw 0 losses. Early days but looks like a great tactic!

So, here's my first update on the tactic. It's been longer than I expected, but my other game crashed, and I couldn't restore the save.

I've played 3 months, and things are going well.

Here are some SS

View attachment 331797 View attachment 331796 View attachment 331795 View attachment 331794 View attachment 331793 View attachment 331792 View attachment 331791 View attachment 331790 View attachment 331789

I have conceded a lot of stupid goals, because of player mistakes, but I have also scored a lot of goals because of the oppositions player mistakes, so I believe it evens out. I don't believe it's the tactic, I think it's the ME that's not fully finished.

I have had som great succes changing the mentality to defensive or even contain, given the match situation, in the last 15-20 minutes of a game.

Please post your own SS, and by all means try the tactic and help me improve it.

It's still early days, since it's only working in beta version, but I hope it will work in the final version too. :)

Hey friend i want to ask you something because i cant win any match with other tactics...plz tell me this tactic works on PAOK of greek superlague!Thanks

One question, outside tactic.

How do you get the subs in the right part of the screen? Mine don't show.

Size screen maybe?

Hey friend i want to ask you something because i cant win any match with other tactics...plz tell me this tactic works on PAOK of greek superlague!Thanks

You could download the tactic and try it :)

One question, outside tactic.

How do you get the subs in the right part of the screen? Mine don't show.

Size screen maybe?

Do you mean during games or when?

During games i make split screen, and choose Liverpool player stats in the section of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Do you mean during games or when?

During games i make split screen, and choose Liverpool player stats in the section of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Nop, when you are choosing your starting 11

If you have hide unavailable players/not at club players subs don't show... i think.

This tactic is the best performing I have found so far. Match training as defensive positioning seems to make the games less erratic.

This tactic is the best performing I have found so far. Match training as defensive positioning seems to make the games less erratic.

Yes, when tactic is fluid, then definitely do defensive positioning training. That helps a lot.

Last edited:
I have also started a game Napoli, at the same time as my Liverpool save, just to see how the tactic performs.

And even though I'm not very far, I simply have to post this.

View attachment 331293

I'm excited about this, and believe I'm onto something.

I have made some tweaks, inspired by an old Jassar tactic, where I tell the players to do some OI.

Like this: View attachment 331292

Here's my second update with my Liverpool save.

Yhings are going great, did have a meltdown against MK Dons in the FA Cup, but hey, Paisley never won that either.

Got beaten by a better Man City team, and got a pretty lucky draw against Chelsea.

Did batter Arsenal, my greatest competition in the league so.

I've made some changes to CK and FK, only offensive, since they lacked goals. The CK are improved, but FK I'm still struggling with.

Here are some SS:

View attachment 331249 View attachment 331248 View attachment 331247

I will make my last update on my Liverpool save, when I'm done with the season.

After the game has been updated to the full version, I'm struggling. But I can say, don't use any OI, it just confuses the players now now, it helped a lot when I ditched OI.

How are others doing?