Valis669

Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all i am new at this site so im sorry for any inconvenience.
I ve recently started an llm with stockport county and made a tactic that seems to work. its still to early in the season. I am really bad at the latest FM so i would appreciate any help!
View attachment 125969View attachment 125968View attachment 125967
View attachment 125968View attachment 125966
As i dont want this to fail in the long term i would like your opinions on my roles/duties and TIs.
i have used PIs as i showed in some of the screenshots!
Also the AP has get further forward and the DLP press and tackles hard.

P.S sry for my english not my native language.

- TEMPO : I recommended Normal or Slower Tempo for Shorter Passing game.
- WIDTH : For Shorter Passing game is better Narrow, Fairly Narrow or Balanced Team Width
- DEFENSIVE LINE : Higher its very good , but it is also very risky if your Defenders are slow :)
- CLOSING DOWN :
You can add Closing Down More instruction for : AML, AMR, STC. For all other players Sometimes Closing Down.
- Player roles :
You can add for Inside Forwards (Get Further Forward) Instruction :) And also Complete Forward change to Deep Lying Forward Support or False9 :)

Last edited:
- TEMPO : I recommended Normal or Slower Tempo for Shorter Passing game.
- WIDTH : For Shorter Passing game is better Narrow, Fairly Narrow or Balanced Team Width
- DEFENSIVE LINE : Higher its very good , but it is also very risky if your Defenders are slow :)
- CLOSING DOWN :
You can add Closing Down More instruction for : AML, AMR, STC. For all other players Sometimes Closing Down.
- Player roles :
You can add for Inside Forwards (Get Further Forward) Instruction :) And also Complete Forward change to Deep Lying Forward Support or False9 :)

TY so Much for the reply. I will try it out and see :)

Should i change the DLP to BWM or CM? So it would provide more stability in defence?

Thanks for the reply mate but i dont wanna use plug to play tactics i enjoy it better when i make the tactic xD

Well after a few games it failed misserably i changed a few thing but unfortunaly i cant make it :( seems like i should go back to fm 12(easier) :p

well i changed it again and found a winning formula again :) but seem like in the 2nd half i get owned despite dropping mentality from attacking. View attachment 125943View attachment 125942

Btw u can add me on Steam if u like i dont have an1 playing fm on my friend list i dont know if im allowed to post my username here though!

Last edited:
Basically, your formation is structured, because of fine layers of players. If you had no players in wb or dm positions, then it would be fluid...in a structured formation, defenders mostly defend, midfield mostly supports and strikers mostly attack, there is no fancy roles, and there is no roaming roles....i would set it up like this : GK, 2LDd, 2FBs, DMs, 2CMa, 2Wa, AFa. Structured formation means you are keeping shape, you are not closing down, you instead stand off and cut off passing lanes to opposition. When in possession, you do short passing. It might be better to do it through the middle with playing narrower and force your wingers to cut inside, it will also make your players have an easier time dropping back to positions if possession is lost. Mentality should be more agressive, and you should probably push up slightly. Tempo should be lower to ensure players choose correct passess, and creativity should probably be more disciplined against tougher opposition. You should probably also use tigher marking. You will achieve around 50% possession. Now, if you wanted to dominate possession, you would need to use a more fluid formation and more agression and closing down, with more players upfront to do pressing, maybe even sacrifice a defender. Something like a 4231 Wide, but that approach would push all your men forward. You would dominate most matches, but lose against countering clubs.