Daz Swann

Reaction score
This is my first time uploading one of my tactics so I will do my best to give you the info you need to make this tactic work. I have used this tactic successfully with Tottenham Hotspurs & Pine Rivers United (Australian Lower Level team). Hoping people want to give it a go and see if they can get some success with it too.

A Beautiful Mind

Formation: 4-1-2-2-1
View attachment 452827

The idea:Create Chances & Dominate Set Pieces.

GK (D)
LB
(CWB) - Pushes up to replace winger, stays out wide. (Think - Baines)
CB (BPD) - Where the offense starts, preferably tall. (Think - Varane)
CB
(BPD) - Where the offense starts, preferably tall.
RB
(CWB) - Pushes up to replace winger, stays out wide. (Think - Walker)
DM
( A ) - Stays back, preferably tall, dominant in the air. Simple passes & shuts down AM. (Think - Sandro/Fellaini/Vieira)
CM
(DLP) - Midfield General. Can pull strings, holds position and decent tackler. (Think - Thiago/Modric)
CM
(BBM) - All round CM, ideally good defensively, tallish as well decent offensive skills. (Think - Pogba/Gerrard)
LW
(IF) - The wingers are the goal scorers. Good off the ball and scoring ability. (Think Ronaldo/Bale/Van Persie)
RW
(IF) - The wingers are the goal scorers. Good off the ball and scoring ability. (Think Ronaldo/Bale/Van Persie)
ST
(F9) - Looks for the through ball to the wingers, drops deep to fill the AM spot. Creativity, Dribbling as well as scoring ability. (Think - Lewandowski/Rooney)

Notes:
  • I try to find a couple players with 15+ Corner Kicking and at least one with 15+ Free kick taking.
  • CB's & DM I like to be tall players (190cm+ CB & 188cm+ DM) to attack for corners/dominate the air.
  • I don't use shouts, Team talks are always encouraging unless playing poorly I will be aggressive.
  • Assistant looks after all training.

Early Results:

Tottenham Pre-Season (Took over last 8 games)
View attachment 452821

Pine River United (Took over last 4 games)
View attachment 452817

Table:
View attachment 452816

Updated Save: Chelsea 2013

View attachment 449398

Download here: A%20Beautiful%20Mind™

Last edited:
Two EPL games is just not enough to show off your tactic.Comeback with more results.

I don't wanna be the guy to tell you that, but...

1. This is one of the most generic 41221s since Barcelonas tiki taka. (false 9 and stuffs).

2. You drew 2 games with Spurs scoring no goals lol. Is this real life? (Guess it is doe)

I'm not saying your tactic is bad, it's just not quite finished yet. Play a few seasons with it and post again.

Good tactic, man. Would you mind posting the tactic screen for SPURS. Moreover, try using a midfielder who attacks more often instead of BBM. This is because 2 of your midfielders are deep. One of them has to bombard forward more often than a BBM does. Moreover, he can exploit the space your False nine creates. Think of Cruijff and Neeskens. The former drops deep draggin defenders along with him and the latter exploits the space.

Nice, mate. Again, Sigurdsson's creativity and attacking prowess will be curbed if he is not allowed to get forward more. You have Sandro to protect your center backs and Eriksen will track back. So, Sigurdsson can be allowed more license IMO. Try him as an Advanced playmaker from the same positions and check out what he can do.

Two EPL games is just not enough to show off your tactic.Comeback with more results.

HAHA Im hardly showing off my tactic. At no point did I brag, only explained what I tried to achieve from it. I'm posting it because some people like to try tactics out. If you aren't one of those people then then don't download it.

I don't wanna be the guy to tell you that, but...

1. This is one of the most generic 41221s since Barcelonas tiki taka. (false 9 and stuffs).
And whats your point?.. I'm not sure what you were expecting...

2. You drew 2 games with Spurs scoring no goals lol. Is this real life? (Guess it is doe)
Actually I have used it for a while, however this is the only two saves I have on this computer and posted some early screenshots into the season (sorry about that). It's too easy though, if you aren't happy with what you see & read, don't download it.

I'm not saying your tactic is bad, it's just not quite finished yet. Play a few seasons with it and post again.
I'd suggest you use it for a few seasons before deciding it's not finished. It's an open source, you may even be able to make it work better...

Thanks Hector,

Yeah the idea is Sandro acts as a 3rd CB dropping back & helping while the LB & RB sit where the IF's were.

Two midfielders clog the middle & is generally where the opposition turn the ball over.

ST drops into the AM position and looks for the through ball to the IF who will then look for the shot or cross to the on coming IF from the other side.

Seems to work well, but I will give your suggestion a try.

New save with Chelsea, patch 14.1.4.

Good start so far..

View attachment 449817

I'll keep posting as I go through the season.

Glad it is still seems to be working on the 14.1.4 patch

playing this tactic in my second season with Aston Villa after finishing first season on 14.1.3 with a tactic which gave me second place, so been looking for a tactic to carry on my save in 14.1.4

Thumbs up from me!!

lost to Man utd first game. beat Liverpool 4-0 then spurs away 3-1.

like the possession and chances created. well done

people need to look at this tactic. best tactic on 14.1.4 and ive used alot of them

people need to look at this tactic. best tactic on 14.1.4 and ive used alot of them

Thanks Jonny, if you get a chance post some screenshots.

Thanks again and glad you are getting results.

Thanks Jonny, if you get a chance post some screenshots.

Thanks again and glad you are getting results.

i will when i get home from work. I have tweaked the set pieces. Have been struggling with too many long shots at moment, so trying to tweak that

Updated save with Chelsea.

Still unbeaten after 17 games (16 wins & 1 draw).

Draw came against Barcelona when they scored in 91st min.

Good wins over: Bayern & Man City

View attachment 449399

Hey Jonny,

I only had that problem when I had players who liked to take the long shot.

I usually try train my IF & F9 to play one twos, place shots, IF's cut inside, F9 to drop back.

Anyone still using this, is it worth trying out? Dont see alot of activity here...

I'm still using it and haven't tweaked it much so far.

Sometimes I will flick to counter if I play against a stronger team.