apatel39

Reaction score
Hey the following is the formation i want to use. If someone could help me with tactics that would be great.

You guys can move the arrows i just want this formation...i would like 3 variations if possible...Attack Defend and Standard

Last edited:
nice formation.

but why aint you playing rio ferdinand?

The formation was interesting enough for me to give it a go :) Word of advice - unless you are truly desperate for goals with 5 minutes to go, don't use this formation as it will leak like a rusty bucket without a bottom. ;)

I've not tested this (not likely to with Bury either :p), so if there are reports of the midfielders being too far from the strikers, move at least one of the AMCs mentalities up one or two clicks (so you'll have an AMC playing with the mentality of a support striker and one of an offensive midfielder).

nice formation.

but why aint you playing rio ferdinand?

im in my 3rd season and rio has been making a lot of errors

zebedee - i will try out the tactic with tweaks to see how it goes...

zebedee - i will try out the tactic with tweaks to see how it goes...

I'd suggest removing forward runs for your fullbacks and your central midfielders as a good start :) Put the fullbacks and attacking midfielders to mixed and defensive midfielder to rarely.

Moving mentality down by 4 clicks for almost everyone would also help - exceptions are putting your attacking midfielders to something like 11 clicks from the left (1 click past normal), and your striker to something like 15 clicks from the left (5 clicks past normal). Move the defensive line down 4 clicks too.

Passing will also have to be fiddled with as I've gone for a short, quick game.

Reducing the creative freedom of some of the players might be needed if the team is constantly getting caught out of position. Tempo and width also need reducing by a couple of clicks each. Timewasting should go to normal.

That should give you a 'standard' form of the tactic and a 'Ferguson' style of play.

All the best,

Zeb

edit: if you want to design your own tactics, the TT&F download is most excellent, well worth a read through - the tactic I posted is based on an ultra-attacking, bands of two mentality with the two AMCs playing as deep lying forward playmakers :)

Last edited: