WiffGiff

Reaction score
My brother, which is not very intrested in football and doesn't really work on details in football manager have a very intresting tactic that he uses. Which he used with great effect with both Liverpool and Hearts, with the first team he won every single game in the leaguehe league, FA cup and the league cup in one season, plus won the champions league with no defeat and just a few draws, and the latter one he won the triple withthe first season

I will try to get screenshots, but since I am at work I will write it down.

He basically created a tactic in Liverpool based on what players he had and what their natural position was, and it looked like this:

GK
FB
CB
CB
FB
DM
LM
RM
CAM
CAM
CF

As you see two wide midfielders and two attacking midfielders. A little bit of an alteration to 4-3-3 with two offensive wingers and two central midfielders. With this he plays with Attacking mentality, fluid philosophy, short passing and counter attacking.

I will try to get more details on it and get some screenshots if anyone is intrested to try. The big strenth is that this tactic attack the backline very hard with three offensive players in the middle while still have width with two players on both flanks that support the attack.

The most impressive is the long streak of wins he got with this tactic which lasted a whole season and the fact that he haven't lost a game in 180 games. Impressive someone that doesn't like to tweak.

Last edited:
hey bud, this offers nothing, no offence, TBH is going to close it shortly! If you have the tactic/screenshots then upload it :) otherwise its just telling us about a tactic.. especially as it is by the sounds of things, completely all set as defualt player instructions (role specific) and a few team instruction changes :)

Most people could make this in 1 minute :)

True Raikan, will upload some pics. However I was mostly amazed that it can be so easy dominate in the game without trying. The results he gets is impressive and to do so with such an unusual tactic.

Maybe the question is wether the game is too easy or not, concidering that someone that is not especially tacitcal can win so much. He might have tweaked something I am not sure. I will look at it to see how his games looks like.

But yes, something like this can be created like in one minute I would imagine. However I will see if he had changed something, or just gone for the default option, or tweaked some players.

Last edited:
It is possible to get good results with the preset TC settings as its whats the AI managers do. As he has tweaked the team settings , it could be that the player settings have been touched to though.

As for not loosing in 180 games, its not something I have seen anyone do in 12.2.x in à clean save so without sounding too harsh, I must say I have My doubts.

Last edited:
Nope he didnt cheat, no reason to, why would someone cheat in such a game? No fun in that.

Anyway will upload screenshots of it as soon as possible.