xtremeRED

Reaction score
My first time posting a tactic here, and I wanted to try a style where possession while not the most important objective, was still something I wanted to maintain- take control but not just for the sake of it.. make something happen for real!

The 4-1-2-3 formation is what I like the most...
I was starting with a strikerless, tweaked the defence, and so on, and finally, am satisfied with the work put into the tactic I'm about to share now:

SK(S)
FB(Au) CD(D) LD(D) FB(Au)
RGA(S)
BBM(S) AP(At)
RMD(At) IF(At)
TQ(At)

The RMD at AMR and the IF at AML inter change positions, and it has worked well for me so far...

The team is instructed to retain possession and play short passes in general, but the midfield trio have the creative freedom to pick more direct passes in order to pick the attacking players with their runs...

The LB has instruction to cross, while the RB doesn't- that's more down to the fact that my RB has crossing attribute of only 10!

View attachment 223471

began using this tactic from the highlighted Roma game.. have had some bad luck with injuries, and had to play some very average 17-18 yo players at full back in a few games...
View attachment 223469

View attachment 223476

View attachment 223475View attachment 223474View attachment 223473View attachment 223472

Updated: View attachment 221737

View attachment 223470

Last edited:
I'll give this tactic a quick shot with a couple of teams starting 2014-15 ..
maybe Liverpool followed by Leeds...

On a new save using Cardiff on FMC, predicted to finish 20th in the PL- opted to go for a challenge- newly promoted team in the division, can you keep them up!

The transfers made:

View attachment 222827

One of the result so far:

View attachment 222826

Will upload the season results in a short while!

Had finished that season in 10th place with Cardiff.. ups and downs through the season!

Is that a team of world class players and wonderkids?

in 2020-21 now, and pretty much changed all around...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...er-stories/331968-titan-oliver-kahn-back.html

this should give a fair idea how things have progressed over the save- the team and all..(though I am over a year late on updating posts now!)..

the players that started the aforementioned Schalke game:

Ter Stegen
Vidal Pique Gonzalez(regen) Sallahi
Busquets
Calhanoglu Kahn
Venancio(regen) Baldaia(regen)
Suarez

The WC players are all 32-33+, rated at 2.5-3* by my scouts.

You could still try the tactic from the off with another team, and it should do well for you, this much I am sure!

Gonna play a game from an old Liverpool save.. In mid February 2015, against Shakhtar in the CL.. on 15.3.2 and will upload the result, and shall play the save till '15 end for a clearer idea.

Surprised not many posts on this tactic as I have found it is quite good, personally I took off the " Much higher defensive line " as it makes me nervous haha and took to " push higher up ", also as I have a quite good crosser on the ball at RB, I suggest if you also have a RB with good crossing I suggest taking off " cross less often " or w/e its called on PI and put " cross more often ".

And the Treq is awesome, holds up the ball well and If you have good crossers of the ball in fullbacks and on the wing he will get on the end and get some headers!

Surprised not many posts on this tactic as I have found it is quite good, personally I took off the " Much higher defensive line " as it makes me nervous haha and took to " push higher up ", also as I have a quite good crosser on the ball at RB, I suggest if you also have a RB with good crossing I suggest taking off " cross less often " or w/e its called on PI and put " cross more often ".

And the Treq is awesome, holds up the ball well and If you have good crossers of the ball in fullbacks and on the wing he will get on the end and get some headers!

thanks mate.. I too might revert from the much higher defensive line as I have observed the team concedes goals just due to that!

also, the Trequartista was selected after a lot of experimenting..

and the wide players.. they are the most surprising ones.. I mean, if you look at average positions at the end of the game, it seems like the team played a narrow 4-3-2-1 sort of formation..

also, if you can, plz check that the wide attackers are swapping places between them?

thanks again!

my RB isn't the best at crossing, he's an amazing defender and just 20, so I'll give him time and see how it will be..

a couple of results playing as Liverpool, more or less with the squad from 14/15 start:

Liverpool vs Newcastle
View attachment 221741

Chelsea vs Liverpool COC Final Line ups
View attachment 221740

Match Stats
View attachment 221739
Lost the game on penalties, but Sterling missed some crazy chances.. Also, just the 3rd game with this tactic between the season, ain't fluid or anything yet... Still, I haven't seen my team dominating Chelsea like this before!

This tactic is still beasting for me!

I do recommend highly Sione Pisto i think his name is.. incredible, train him to get natural on aml/amr and he'll be disgustingly good!

Lucas Romero is a good option for regista or play him B2B!

And I also suggest getting a tall striker, 6ft2+ with jumping reach/heading 15+ as Treq, and rotate him with a small pacey striker whenever you want, great combo IMO.

This tactic is still beasting for me!

I do recommend highly Sione Pisto i think his name is.. incredible, train him to get natural on aml/amr and he'll be disgustingly good!

Lucas Romero is a good option for regista or play him B2B!

And I also suggest getting a tall striker, 6ft2+ with jumping reach/heading 15+ as Treq, and rotate him with a small pacey striker whenever you want, great combo IMO.

thanks mate... and that's Pione Sisto you must be talking about! Bilal Ould Chikh is someone you should look to snap up at the beginning of every save for sure!

Gonna give this a go with Liverpool! Not used a RMD winger before any ideas on who would fit the bill for this position have £26m to spend