Nathanjay

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been experimenting with some tactics with Hampton & Richmond. I have two tactics using 4-1-3-2. One is a counter attack and the other is a fluid passing tactic. The idea for me was to use the counter attack tactic against the harder sides including League opposition and the fluid tactic to use against weaker sides then mine.

I am not going to say I have achieved the perfect lower league tactic. I have attached my tactics to this thread. If for some reason this doesn't work, please can you recommend a better way. I haven't posted tactics before.

4-1-3-2 counter and fluid position set up.

Gk - Def
DL - F/B Def
DR - F/B Def
DC - Def
DC - Def
DM - Defensive Mid - Support
MLC - Mid Support
MC - Box to Box
MRC - Mid Support
STCR - Deep Lying Str
STCL - Deep Ly Str

With the counter tactic, I use a rigid method, stick to positions, tempo low, shorter passing - this helped me not to concede goals

With the fluid tactic, Its a fluid standard method, more expressive and more roaming. Its shorter passing but the width is increased and defensive line.

Sorry this is the brief outline in what you can expect. However, my aim was to make 2 tactics that had different aims but simplistic. Due to not have the gerrards, rooneys to play for the team. So its a very teamwork focused, so just bringing in a few very good individual will not work for you.

Well now the players, I had to revamp the team very quickly. Getting rid of the dead weight. I brang in a massive 12 players and released all the players I didn't want from Hampton and Richmond, too create room for more wages. This was needed to suit the tactic as Hampton and Richmond had too many wide players and weren't good enough in my eye to make a 4-4-2, 4-5-1 etc... I focused on get players between 18 - 27 so hopefully I won't have to change my squad for a few seasons. I am using IanC training schedule. Also all my players are full time contracts, I feel I am very good at getting the best rates for the players I buy. If you aren't that confident, I recommend to sticking to part time. IanC training does youth, Part time and full time training. That has been really helpful.

What I have done is sent a few images with my season so far. I know I have only 3 league games in, and I won 2 and drew 1. But the draw was down to choosing a weaker side to see how the change would affect the team but also at half time I made it a point to use the fluid tactic and it saved me as we scored in the 89th minute. I will update everyone on my progress with the tactic in the season.

I have attached images for people to look at. Please ask any questions, I would like some feedback on any changes you may feel works or to say it was the worse tactics ever. Hopefully not. (H)

Also sorry the lack of structure, I will endeavour to do better next time to make it easier reading. I like to say there has been no cheating or editing at all.

*Just to let you know, I am off to bed. I can only respond tomorrow after work.*