4-1-3-2 Tight Ship

• Thread starter Blackhawk22
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 6K
B

Blackhawk22

Been using this tactic for quite a while now. Took Barnet into premiership within 4 seasons using it. It wont get you a hatfull of goals each match but it does give you around a 75% higher strike rate than your opponents. Typical match stats would be Shots on goal 18, opponents 6.
Defence is well covered by the DM, though he does a lot of running aroud so high stamina is important. You find that your opponent will spend more time playing the ball across the middle of the park trying to find a gap in you defence which doesnt appear, before hitting a harmless 30 yarder over the goal.
The wide midfielders cut inside when the CM pushes up, this gives the strikers an option of playing the ball back to the wide men as they push forward through the middle. With the CM pushing up to the box it means that the Opponents central defenders are having to cope with 3 players in the middle of the penalty area.
Like i say it wont get you a shed load of goals but you should win the majority of your games by at least 2 goals

Attached Tactic file

Looks interesting, might have to try it sometime.

looks ok i might give it a go if im ever struggling.

hi that tatic is great i treid it and am winning all my game wif bolton 4 gods sake lol thans 4 tatic great hel n 2nd wid bolton now 2 points behind chelsea with a game in hand n ma nxt game west ham:D

I thought these forums were sposed to be in English...

That looks a good tactic :) I might give it a go if/when I start a new game

Lol andy. I'll give this ago on my net game with my mate I've hit a **** patch with fulham, maybe it'll work. One question-do the two wingers you play have to be compatible with CAM as well as they are coming inside to play too?

Doesnt work for me. lost 2-0 to Charlton, 2-1 to Wigan. And im Man Utd.