Myrkyttaja

Reaction score
I have a nice tactic for my Fulham save, I'm using Control - Flexible for this one with following instructions:

Look For Overlap
Shorter Passing
Whipped Crosses
Close Down More
Play Out of Defence.

GK (defend)
CWB (attack)
CD (defend)
CD (defend)
CWB (attack)

DM (defend)

WP (attack)
AP (support)
CM (attack)
WP (attack)

F9 (support)

I'm concerned on who will score my goals? Is it too much to have false nine, wide playmakers and advanced playmaker?

Please comment and feel free to give me some advice concerning this tactic!

I'm concerned on who will score my goals? Is it too much to have false nine, wide playmakers and advanced playmaker?
Try and answer that question yourself. It's a good question. Who will score the goals? What was the plan when you set up the tactic?

I always try and methodically think about a tactic. Say the ball starts at the back...

- How do you work it forward? Direct and through the middle, direct and flanks, direct and mixed? Short and middle/flanks/mixed?
- In doing that, are you going to look at 1 or 2 pivot players who your build-up play will revolve around or will everyone have the same responsibility? In my thread here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/328095-starting-new-club.html I had this plan:

Given that we’re rock bottom and only predicted to finish 11th anyway, we’d be in for a tough time. That means that I would be looking at a fairly defensive setup. I want to counter. With my new discovery, Jong-Woo, that sets up my plan. This is what I’ve gone with initially and I’ll explain the plan.

View attachment 873429

That plan here, is to sit back and counter. My defenders are slow, so that fits perfectly. I have an Anchor will shield the defence and Mokoena will almost always be around to help out too.

On the left, I want Petropoulis to use the talents I spotted with my second look at him. He has the Off the Ball to really exploit any space given to him - and remember - I’m counter attacking mostly, so there should be loads of space.

On the right, I have Oscar. He’ll drift infield, using his fantastic mental stats to pull the strings in an advanced position - ideal on the counter. Being a Playmaker, the players will seek him out a little more. Once he has it, he has a powerful Jong-Woo surging past on the Inside and Gruezo sliding past on the outside. Oscar should be in heaven.

Davidson in the middle has been given a generic CM/S. I don’t want him to be a playmaker as I don’t want attention off Oscar. I thought about a Box-to-Box, but I don’t want him to be too attacking, potentially getting into the AML’s space. Davidson can do a bit of everything and I’m going to expect that from him.

Up front, it’ll be up to Herceg to make the defenders’ lives **** with his pace and movement. He will run the channels, opening gaps for himself, Jong-Woo or Petropoulos. Especially on the counter, he will pull central defenders really wide (with the fullbacks theoretically upfield) and I have 2 players ready to exploit that.
The idea here was to have the AMR (AP/S) be the pivot around which everything develops. He received the ball and he had his choice of willing runners to pick out.

Later, the CM/S became a playmaker too and another pivot on the other side of the pitch which gave the tactic an extra dimension.

- So who will you be looking at to provide your chosen runners/goal threats? How will they do this?
- The goal threats... who are they? Who will be the main guy and who will be the secondary scorers?

Have a look at this thread. It may be of help: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tics/350220-looking-tactical-help-advice.html

Thanks for your help!

Found something that is working at the moment.

Attacking - Flexible

GK (D)

CWB (A)
CD (D)
CD (D)
CWB (A)

BBM (S)
BWM (D)

AP (S)
W (S)

AF (A)
DLF (S)

Retain Possession
Shorter Passing
Work Ball Into Box
Play Out of Defence
Higher Tempo
Be More Expressive
Close Down More

A very very attacking formation, we have conceded lots of goals but we have scored more. Attack is the best defence, right?

The right winger as AP (s) is the main playmaker as well as the left winger and the deep-lying forward. I have used this tactic for Fulham now (13 matches unbeaten) and for Bournemouth before this save (finished 1st in Championship).

Maybe I should look for one more counter-attacking and more focused on the defence for upcoming Premier League season.