JOFM2

Reaction score
For many years now I have fiddled around with various tactics on FM looking for the 'perfect' tactic, I have been playing it now for 7 years and have come to the realisation that there is no magic tactic (that is if you don't want to cheat by using the in game editor). You are going to lose games now and again, that's football, but creating a tactic that can win you games playing good football is the holy grail we are all after.

The 4-1-4-1 Overlap in brief is a high pressing, quick tempo, possession based game. At the back I have a BPD alongside a regular CD, the 2 CWB's bomb up and down the pitch overlapping the two DW's and therefore stretch the opposition defence. The Anchor man will just sit in and clean up any loose play as well as stopping attacks from the other team. With the 2 in the middle one is an AP and the other is a BBM, the AP will be the creative hub of the team supported by the BBM who will act as an auxiliary striker who will provide a plentiful source of goals with long shots and late bursts into the box. The F9 will roam around and find pockets of space in which he can be most effective.

So far I have only used this tactic with Arsenal with great success. I have spent a bit of money but I have also kept hold of a number of their current squad and turned them into consistent world class players. I realise that this tactic may need tweaking but early signs suggest to me that I'm on the right tracks with it. Please feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks,
JOFM2

View attachment 184421

View attachment 184427View attachment 184426View attachment 184425View attachment 184424View attachment 184423View attachment 184428

I Didn't see a tactic with defensive winger since fm 14?? very good man

Thanks for trying it out. What changes did you make?