mcbgun

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Firstly I'm using the tactic found here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ed-champion-league-4-2-2-2-false-defence.html

It looks like a great tactic and having played a few games with blackburn with it, it looks promising.

What's also great is that the author gives plenty of extra advice about tactical switches in game using shouts etc. I haven't been delving deep enough I don't think into how to really play the game and have neglected many aspects that would definitely up my win rate.

My question is two fold really. Firstly, tips in the thread are given when playing formations like 442 and 4321. He says to play wider against the 442 (classic version) and narrow against 4321 plus the usual shouts for his formations.

I still feel a little out of my depth knowing what to do when things aren't going right and how to adjust.

For instance, playing against a classic 451, according to my assistant, my midfield were getting outnumbered. What could I have done to correct this without a change of formation or do you have to change formation to combat the 451 pre match?

I got outplayed in against opposition using the below formations:

View attachment 297051View attachment 297052

I didn't know what shouts would help me against these types of formations. All shouts say to pass into space and work ball into box with tweaks like push higher up when using overload if needing a goal and play wider vs 442 or narrower vs 4321.

What would people suggest I do against the above formations and more importantly...why? Learning why is more important to me than just asking for free handouts without the theory.

I hope you guys can help me!