Joshie045

Reaction score
Hey guys was looking for some help with my formation and tactics, I have played formations and tactics similar to this one before and they have all been quite successful but this time round when starting with Wolfsburg it really seems to be struggling and I can't work out why. I've added a picture of the formation and tactics so hopefully that will help give you an idea
View attachment 360947

I would love to hear back from you guys with any idea's or input on how I could get this too work more effectively. Thanks

Last edited:
Struggling how?

Maybe you could switch the BBM to a more structured defensive role? Maybe a CM defend role.

I just picture Rode storming forward and just clogging up the already very congested advanced midfield? This way DLP can roam a bit from deep and CM can recieve the ball off either the defence or DLP and help distribute it?

The main way I was struggling was not scoring goals and conceding really sloppy goals from set pieces or woeful defending/goalkeeping. I recently tweaked the Roles a little and have done better but am still struggling for goals especially from my striker. My midfielders are my leading scorers with Iancu and Stanciu both on 11, and I still have the problem with really sloppy goals from set pieces.
Here is a quick update to the changes I made and the changes in players.
View attachment 359350

I don't know if this helps but hopefully it does.

Your problem is your 3 CAM's will get in each others ways, as awell as the strikers way,

I'd say convert your AP to Engache, this will make him the primary playmaker and the rest of the team move around him, the other two CAM's can be set on AM with attack options, i have a similar formation with my Man united team i have 44 goals from Van persie, 25 from mata, 15 from kagawa and 13 from rooney, will post my tactic soon as i get back to my PC

You've missed some basic football rules...first, with so many players in upper half, you want to play more fluidly....not only to help your attacking efforts, but to make them return and help defence. Second, you have to many attack duties and not enough defend. You should have no more then 4 attack duties, and same number of blue (defensive) duties or more. Next, your midfield is missing an agressor. Next, attacking is usually played with direct passing. For short to work, you need really quality players. I suggest dropping your strategy to control and using the play through defence style. Which is played with short passing, maybe retaining possession, lower or much lower tempo, higher or much higher defensive line, playing wider, and maybe exploiting the middle. Running at defence, more expressive freedom might work well in some games. For tougher opposition, use more disciplined shout. If you use adv. play. attack or treq, they should perhaps roam.